When to book flights?

Woo1982

Hi All,

We are coming over mid March :biggrin:, and wonder whether we should book flights now or wait until after Xmas to see if there any sales. Does anyone have any advice on this at all we'd be extremely grateful!

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Best wishes,

Wendy

Hi,

I'll be flying in Feb sometime :biggrin:

I came over for a reccie last year and flew in Feb, i waited untill after christmas to book the flights as there was usually a sale on, hopefully the sales will be on again after crimbo.

Hi All,

We are coming over mid March :biggrin:, and wonder whether we should book flights now or wait until after Xmas to see if there any sales. Does anyone have any advice on this at all we'd be extremely grateful!

Best wishes,

Wendy

We booked Nov for flying on April 1st and were glad we did as were told by Thomas Cook that the flight was nearly full as it is Easter so we had no choice but as it is the end of the ozzie summer for when you go the flights will be pretty expensive as we have found out with Qantas as we didnt want to fly with some of the other cheaper airlines.

Hi All,

Best wishes,

Wendy

I find sales are a bit unpredictable in the timing. If I were travelling in March, I would be searching for flights on a regular basis from now and if I see anything which I think is a decent proce I would grab it.

Guest littlesarah

In my experience, the only sales that have any degree of predictability are the 'earlybird' deals - which seem to be around 9-10 months before travel. Having said that, I've seen some good last-minute prices, but I've also had to pay through the nose for a ticket booked close to travel. It all comes down to which flights are popular and which ones aren't. When looking for flights to the UK this year, I found some good deals but with rubbish connections, so they were obviously reduced for a reason.

We just caught the end of the earlybird sales for our trip to the UK in May. I would sign up to the emails formt he airlines you'd be willing to travel with, and keep an eye out for sales. If you've not had a good price between now and late January, then just book, as last minute flights tend to be expensive.

Archived