Geraldton social life's

Guest Faulknerkatie84

Guest Faulknerkatie84

Hi every one, I moved to geraldton in October and am finding it hard to meet new people as I work full time? Would anyone be up for chatting or meeting up to expand our network? I am a credit manager and my fiancé a linesman. Would be great to meet other people who have relocated from the uk. Currently living in beresford but just signed a lease on a property in Drummond cove so moving again in January. Thanks Kate :)

Guest KrisandHelen

Hi were in gero as well and haven't really made in friends, were 31 and 29 and live in bluff point. Im a plumber and my wife works at aussie pastry.

Guest Geraldton Lions

Hi everyone,

I was new to Geraldton 7 years ago as well and understand how hard it can be to make real friends. One of the best things I did was start volunteering. There are a heap of clubs around that always need a hand and you don't have to give up much of your time or make huge commitments.

I'm currently the Secretary of the Geraldton Lions Club. We meet twice a month (once for business and once for social) as well as have regular events on. Many members also catch up in between as well. It really is a great reason to catch up and helping the community at the same time. You might not have anything in common with the members at first but as you come out to give a hand, you'll quickly see how friendly everyone is and how fast you find fun things to talk about. We are a group of about 20 people ranging in age from 18 to 80 - most are somewhere in between and work full-time. We are happy to have everyone - male, female, and give no concern to religious or cultural backgrounds. Yes we do have some ex-pats! As you can choose what you participate in, it is easy to fit it into life.

A lot of people worry that it's all about fundraising and selling but it's not all about fundraising... it's all about having a great time while helping the community. We run markets, sausage sizzles, health days, and so much more - there are a lot of ways to participate during the week or weekends.

Would love to see you at the next social get-togther (18 January) but if you have any questions or would like to know more feel free to give me a ring - 0447 878 655 or post on this forum.

Cheers!

Sylvia

• 4 months later...

Archived