difference between visa 186 and 187 ?

tennis16

IELTS requirements are 6 or better on all bands of the IELTS test for the Direct Entry stream of both visas. The primary benefits of the 187 (Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme) visa is that more occupations are eligible (ANZSCO Major Groups 1-3) and no skills assessment is required for the Direct Entry stream. However, the 187 requires the job to be in a regional area of Australia, requires approval of the Regional Certifying Body (RCB) for the area, and comes with a 2 year commitment to live & work in regional Australia. There are many other details to these visas, so it's best to research them thoroughly on the DIAC site or consult a registered migration agent.

Good luck with your case!

Hi Mark,

How confidence is my case if my job is one of the occupation stated in Major group 1-3 ? i will assume i will need to stay in that regional state for 2 years before i am allow to re-locate,right?

Are these 2 visa a permanent residence visa type?

IELTS requirements are 6 or better on all bands of the IELTS test for the Direct Entry stream of both visas. The primary benefits of the 187 (Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme) visa is that more occupations are eligible (ANZSCO Major Groups 1-3) and no skills assessment is required for the Direct Entry stream. However, the 187 requires the job to be in a regional area of Australia, requires approval of the Regional Certifying Body (RCB) for the area, and comes with a 2 year commitment to live & work in regional Australia. There are many other details to these visas, so it's best to research them thoroughly on the DIAC site or consult a registered migration agent.

Good luck with your case!

Archived