advice on shipping companies

shefg

We have had quotes from the following shipping companies could you please pass on any good/bad expereience with each?

John Mason

Removal Services Scotland

Crown

Simpsons

Removal Services Scotland were the cheapest by some margin therefore we would welcome views on this company. First impressions were that the guy who came to the house simply had a general work round the house and the others complete a more thorough assessment. I suppose this should set alarm bells ringing however has anybody had a positive experience with them?

Thanks

Shefg

We had a brilliant service with Crown from Carnoustie all the way through to Brisbane. We cleared customs exceptionally fast with no extra fees. Everything was in the same condition as when it was packed. We liked the fact that Crown can offer their own service all the way. No sub-contractors at this end. Everything that they promised, they delivered. Worth haggling a little on the price. We did and got a slight discount.

Forgot to say that Crown include AQIS fees in their price. Most others dont and you have to pay this over here. Sometimes that is the difference in the prices quoted. They also have a depot at the docks so this avoids transporting your goods to a customs warehouse then a depot for delivery.

I dont think ive heard of Removal services Scotland so cant really comment, but i can vouch for Crown, we used them twice and they were great.

Good Luck with everything, double check whats actually included in your quotes as some companys dont include charges at this end.

Cal x

We had a brilliant service with Crown from Carnoustie all the way through to Brisbane. We cleared customs exceptionally fast with no extra fees. Everything was in the same condition as when it was packed. We liked the fact that Crown can offer their own service all the way. No sub-contractors at this end. Everything that they promised, they delivered. Worth haggling a little on the price. We did and got a slight discount.

Hello

What are e contact details for Crown, l have been checking online seem not to find them. Help please.

Magasela

We went with John Mason, very good service. Packing was first class, even our 5ft tall bespoke pottery lamps worth over £1000 each arrived unscathed. They dealt with everything including all paperwork and organising door to door in Hobart with local customs bonded removal company called Wridgways.

Word of warning to all those moving to Tassie. The Bass Strait is the most expensive piece of water in the world. Probably a third of our shipping cost was from Melbourne to Hobart. We had a 30ft single use container which cost £6500 door to door.

Still worth the money. Sofa's here are about $2500 for a decent one and we wouldn't find a 4 poster bed over here like we have so worth every penny.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Pom Queen
Hello! Im at the point where I am know looking at different quotes. I only need to ship 3-4 boxes and a flat screen tv. So far PSS seem to be the cheapest(by far),friendliest and quickest to answer emails. Has anyone dealt with them before?

PSS have had a great reputation on the forum.

PSS have had a great reputation on the forum.

Thank you! They do seem on the ball. My mum is expecting her container any day now in Sydney. I will re-post once she gets her stuff and write about the whole experience...so far she packed everything herself (even though packing was inc in the price)as she did not trust that the company would do a good job in only 2days time!!!

So far she was right as the guys who showed up to move everything were absolutely useless and lazy!. I cant remeber the name of the company off the top of my head. Will re post soon abt this.

Archived