Meeting people

Hi guys cant quite believe I'm doing this after being in Perth for 16 months. My husband and myself have found it really hard to make friends, we don't have kids in school and are sure that's made things harder. Most friends are made through school and all ours are in the uk! So then new friends are usually made through your children, or your work place. Last night New Year's Eve bought it home to us. It would have been great to have a few good friends round for some drinks and a splash in the pool. We have met a few people and they have turned out to be good friends, but it would be great to meet some more. Ed is a motor mechanic and I'm a pharmacy assistant we are both in our early forties, so if you fancy meeting up just message me, we live north of the river in Kingsley. Look forward to hearing from you.:rolleyes:

Guest missynicola

Hi I just joined this website today as Im worried about not having many friends when we Move in 6 days.

I do have kids, Im 30 and we will be living near secret Harbour. I don't have a job lined up yet but my partner is a welding inspector and is already working there and has made a few friends, mainly lads he works with.

Im not sure how far away we are from each other but I just wanted to say hello and it's good to know there are people who would also like to make friemds

Hi Guys

we have been here for 4 weeks and have been on 2 meet ups on perth poms. They have been really good and have helped with the move so much, just to be able to talk to others in the same boat is such a weight of the shoulders knowing your not alone. Missynicola, we are moving SOR tomorrow and will not be too far from Secret Harbour, we will be in Rockingham. We have an 11 year old daughter, how old are your children?

Amanda

Guest missynicola

Hi Amanda, thank you for replying

Ethan is 9 and Sophie is 7,

I would love to meet up. We came for a visit in June and I met a lass called Nikki, she went on a night out lately with a group of girls from the pom princesses and I think I'm just worried about fitting in.

Nicola

Hi nicola

thanks for your message, I think you are quite away from us, but it would be good to stay in touch and maybe meet up on a weekend once you are settled in. We will look on the map and see exactly how far secret harbour is. Keep us up to date on how things are going and good luck with your move.

jenny

Hi Jenny

the meets we have been to have been posted on Perth poms. I think someone is organising another 1 for the middle of January at King's Park. I know it's a little daunting to begin with but everyone has been so friendly and we are all in the same boat so it really does help :)

Amanda

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jenny,

My family and I are in a similar situation and would love to come along on meetups/ get together's to try and extend our social circle!!

We're 32 and 37 with children aged 7 and 5. We have been here for almost a year and are currently living in Clarkson (but not sure where Kingsley is in relation to us)

Please let me know if you're arranging any social gathering!

Lindsay :)

Hi Jenny

I will be moving to Perth sometime this year. Initially I was moving in with my boyfriend who is near Beechboro but have just spent a month out there and things didn't go so well, so I will be going it alone I think when I get there. I am going to try and find work before I fly out though, but would be great to meet up when I do eventually get there.

Hi lindsay

nice to hear from you, I don't arrange social gatherings, but my husband and myself have met some really nice people, just by arranging to meet up for a coffee. So it's really a case of meeting a couple chatting and then just see how it goes, if you want to meet up again then you arrange something. If you don't really hit it off then you haven't lost anything. Kingsley is about fifteen mins from clarkson we have only lived here two months, we where in Kinross before that. If you want to meet up let me know, we are free in the evenings or at weekends. We are both in our forties! But far from over the hill. LLoll look forward to hearing from you.

jenny

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jenny

Sent you a pm

Hi I just joined this website today as Im worried about not having many friends when we Move in 6 days.

I do have kids, Im 30 and we will be living near secret Harbour. I don't have a job lined up yet but my partner is a welding inspector and is already working there and has made a few friends, mainly lads he works with.

Im not sure how far away we are from each other but I just wanted to say hello and it's good to know there are people who would also like to make friemds

Archived