After over two and a half years the party is finally over!

Que Sera Sera

My lazy days are coming to an end. I've had a fair old innings but the arrival of the new school term and the fact it's high school for my son means its time for me to WORK :cry: :laugh:. Start my new job on Monday 4th Feb. A massive change for me. I'm going from an Employment Advisor for the Civil Service to a Home Help for a large company here. The funny thing is though I shall be earning almost exactly the same wages as I was back in the UK. Wish me luck :wink:

Guest Ptp113
My lazy days are coming to an end. I've had a fair old innings but the arrival of the new school term and the fact it's high school for my son means its time for me to WORK :cry: :laugh:. Start my new job on Monday 4th Feb. A massive change for me. I'm going from an Employment Advisor for the Civil Service to a Home Help for a large company here. The funny thing is though I shall be earning almost exactly the same wages as I was back in the UK. Wish me luck :wink:

I bet you will nail it!

No personal care as such it's doing all the jobs around the house that the client is unable to do whilst encouraging the client ( mainly the elderly ) to continue doing what they can so that they don't give up. Not very glamorous and yes it does include cleaning. Stacey I think Home Help in the UK does include personal care but here they call that a Health Aide I think and you have to have carers quallies for that, which they will pay for me to do later if I want.

Guest Guest 47403

Congratulations sure you will be fine, out of interest how long has it taken to find a job there are a few posts lately about people struggling.

Congratulations sure you will be fine, out of interest how long has it taken to find a job there are a few posts lately about people struggling.

First job Ive applied for. I've not been looking as we decided to allow our son to settle into his school and I volunteered on the School P&C . First interview Ive been to in about 8 years too! The job isn't for everyone but its a start and I can basically choose my hours.

Guest Guest 47403
First job Ive applied for. I've not been looking as we decided to allow our son to settle into his school and I volunteered on the School P&C . First interview Ive been to in about 8 years too! The job isn't for everyone but its a start and I can basically choose my hours.

Nice one should give some hope to those having a bit of trouble on the job front. Enjoy your last few weeks as a lady of leisure LOL

Archived