Bringing my Soulmate to Australia

Brisvegasgirl73

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also just wondering...but he and his family moved to Auz when he was 10 and lived here for a short time before going back to the UK. Does the fact that he has lived here before (even as a child) help with applying to live here again?

I doubt it will help a jot.

Any chance you could move to UK to be with him? Far easier visa wise! Otherwise Prospective Marriage Visa - gives you 9 months to tie the knot!

What Quoll said.

If you are really serious about each other and want to be together, perhaps consider applying offshore for a PMV and then waiting till its granted and he head over to Aus and you get married within the 9 months. Then apply for a spouse visa after that. It doesn't take too long to be approved generally, 8-9 months but some have been granted a bit quicker.

Also just wondering...but he and his family moved to Auz when he was 10 and lived here for a short time before going back to the UK. Does the fact that he has lived here before (even as a child) help with applying to live here again?

You might be thinking if the former resident visa, but he would have had to have lived here for nine years and maintained close ties. Otherwise, no this is irrelevant.

As to strategy, well I would go for PMV, get married and onto partner visa.

• 1 month later...

OK just another question...If he comes here for a holiday can we get married whilst he is here on a tourist visa and then he goes back to UK and applies for partner visa? Is that allowed and is it quicker? It's just we know it can take up to 7 -9 months for the PMV to be granted....we want to get married asap now we have already waited a lifetime :-(

OK just another question...If he comes here for a holiday can we get married whilst he is here on a tourist visa and then he goes back to UK and applies for partner visa? Is that allowed and is it quicker? It's just we know it can take up to 7 -9 months for the PMV to be granted....we want to get married asap now we have already waited a lifetime :-(

I am going to be a devils advocate here.

Are you sure you are not in love with the romance of a 34 year separation and reunion and the idea of somebody spending their whole life waiting for you, than you actually in love with the individual?

Because it is November now and it was January when you were first advised as to what you needed to do in terms of a PMV and so on, you would have got that by now if you had acted then, if you really wanted to. And the fact you have not done anything yet, nor did you get married when you were in the UK speaks volumes to me. Are you just kidding each other and yourselves here? Because to be fair, nobody stopped you from seeing each other and nobody made you marry someone else.

If he had applied for a PMV 9 months ago (or whenever in recent months) then once granted ground have travelled to Aus, you could have married and then he remained in Aus while the partner visa went through.

That was probably your quickest option, but it's an 8-9 month wait for a PMV. But he could then stay in Aus and you'd be married :) and iirc he would have rights to work etc while partner visa goes through.

Archived