Girlie friends on the Gold Coast :)

Hi everyone!

My bf and I moved to the Gold Coast at the end of November..am loving it here so far but as sad as it is I am struggling a bit to make friends. I've just started work at a very small company, which doesn't really help much!

Would be great if any girlies wanted to hang out or go for a drink or two at some point.. Or alternatively if anybody wants to do coupley things then let me know :-)

I am 24 & my bf is 27.

Kerryann x

• 2 weeks later...

im in the exact same boat. I'm 25 and got to robina in november and not met anyone yet. where on the gold coast are you? I'm going to my first meet up group tomorrow if you'd like to go. its for 20-30's and its in the robina shopping centre at the max choc coffee place.

Hi Kerryann and Steph!!

My name is Natalie, I'm 25 and have just returned from the UK after Christmas. I enjoy living in Australia (moved here for my partners job), but I do miss my girlfriends from back home quite a lot, so it would be nice to meet for a drink or a natter sometime :)!!

Steph- How did the Max brenners meet up go?! hope it was a good turn out for you and you met some nice people!!

Hope to hear from you,

Nat x

hey nat. yea it was really good thanks. there was only 6 of us in the end but is was nice. id be up for a drink or a coffee sometime. i totally miss my girls from back home. more so in the last 3 weeks as I've been asked to be bridesmaid for 2 of my friends who recently got engaged. have you got much planned for australia day? x

Hi girls!! Ah I'm so glad I've finally had a reply to this thread!!

Nat.. Would be soooooo nice to go for a drink, or lunch and have a chit chat some time! I miss doing girlie thing so much since I've been here.

Are you both on Facebook? I find this hard to chat on as it never notifies me when someone's posted! If so.. My name is Kerryann James. So feel free to add me!

And Steph I just PM'd you before I realised you had written on here also! I am thinking about going the the meet up at Ashmore tonight, but a bit nervous as I'd be going alone and don't know what to expect eek!! Let me know if you are going!!

hope to speak to you both soon.

Kerryann :) xxx

• 1 month later...

Hi Girls,

My name is Lauren and I moved to GC in Sept last year. Here with my boyfriend Steve, I'm 25 and he's 29. I am a nurse and have been doing mostly agency shifts and its soo difficult to meet people working that way. Would like to meet some new people so If you guys are meeting anytime soon let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Lauren & Louise. Sorry for the verrrry late reply but I've literally only just logged back on here and noticed you're replies!!

A few of us met up from this site a few months ago and was really good - so just let me know you you both fancy doing something sometime. Maybe a drink or lunch etc. Im easy!

xxx

• 4 months later...

Hi girls,

Just stumbled across this thread and wanted to say hello! Me and my bf are moving to the Gold Coast next month and are keen to meet some like-minded people in a similar position to us! :) We're 26/27 and will both be working in the area.

Have things got easier for you guys over recent months?

Hope to hear from you,

Kate x

Hello

I have been living on the Gold Coast for 8 months and have struggled to make friends. How do you find out about local meetings? I would like to hear from you and meet up. I had a large group of friends back in the uk so I'm finding it difficult without girlie days out

:)

Sophie x

Hi just stumbled across this! Moving to Logan in august, which is about 20mins if that from the Goldie, I have lived down there before and loved it happy to meet up and make friends :) feel free to message me :) 23yr old welsh girl, my partner is australian ▪

Hey girls, how are you all? Really sorry we've not replied sooner. This site doesn't notify me when new comments come on this thread. Nat just text me to let me know ha. How is eveyone?! Where abouts does everyone live? I'm in Runaway Bay atm. Me and a few other girls & couples that met on here, meet up quite regularly for food, drinks etc! So if any of you fancy coming along and meeting up with us all then that would be fab :-) its pretty tough making friends, and I miss my girls from home loads so the more the merrier :-) xxx

Hey Kate, Laurajayne and Kerryann, I am keen to come along although it feels a bit daunting but I don't know why I didn't think of using this site sooner. I live at Pacific Pines.

I thought starting work would help but I ended up working in a small company, so that hasn't helped. I didn't get any notifications either :/ so I was happy to see these posts, It has made me feel alot better as I am rather home sick at the moment.

When are you coming out here Kate? where are you planning on living?

xxx

Hi Sophie,

Sorry for the delay - been manic here moving out of our house this week! Hoping to be in Oz by late August/early September time, and will be heading to the Burleigh Heads region of the Gold Coast. Do you know it there?

Still no news on my visa though - looks like it has been caught up in a delay surrounding all these changes which have recently been introduced, so abit concerned now it may even get refused?! :-( Hope not though...goodness knows what I'll do then!

Just want to get out there! :biggrin:

Kate

Hi ladies,

I would love to join you at your next meet up. I'm an Aussie but lived in the UK for 7 years with my Brit hubby, so my 'possie' (that's half pom, half aussie) accent confuses most people! We moved to Brisbane last year - we are at the bottom end so spend a bit of time on the Gold Coast, particularly at Palm Beach where we take our Cocker Spaniel swimming. We too haven't found it particularly easy to form a good network of likeminded friends. I haven't lived in this area since I was a teenager so in many ways I too feel like I have migrated to a new place and am settling in for the first time!

Look forward to hearing about any upcoming plans

Brooke xx

Hi Brooke,

When we finally get over to Australia (Im currently waiting visa approval) it would be great to meet up with you and your partner! Me and my partner are heading right near to Palm Beach on the Gold Coast - Burleigh Heads. We also love Brisbane so can see ourselves visiting there a lot too! What is it you both do?

Kate X

Hi

we (me, hubby and 3 kids) are moving to the Gold Coast, burleigh heads hopefully in October. I was wondering where you find out about meet ups. Also Katie3736, we live in leicester. Where abouts are you ?

Exciting times Kate, Burleigh is awesome! My hubby was a firefighter in the UK; he hasn't been able to join the Qld Fire Service yet because they haven't been recruiting, so in the meantime he is working for a health studio. I work in HR for Australia's first lady!

What about you guys? Are you coming over on a 457 visa?

All the best with the visa approval...definitely drop a post here when you've arrived and lets meet up down your way.

Good luck with your move too Wokos!

Brooke x

Hi Brooke!

They sound great jobs! Im in project management, and my partner is a landscaper. We've had good news today... my visa got approved! I'm so happy! :-) and yes its a 457. My partner is coming on a working holiday visa though to begin with, but hopefully we can get him some more permanent arrangments too before that expires! I've heard great things about Burleigh, it's so excitng! Will definitely be in touch once I'm settled to meet up - I'm hopefully heading out next week, and my partner earlier September (as he has to finish his job here first) - will keep you posted!

X

Hi All

I moved to gold coast 6 weeks ago with my partner. We made a few friends in Brisbane but have not really managed to meet people locally (we're living in Burleigh Heads). Not sure how these things work but would love to join you for your next meet up (either with or without other halves!) Loving our new lives so far but missing friends and family from home and would love to meet some like minded people out here.

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

Why don't we organise a meet up with other halves? Maybe Sunday paella and sangria at Pablo Pablo in Palm Beach in the next couple of weeks?

Kate, have you arrived yet? Sophie, Kerry-ann - are you keen?

Kelly, glad to hear you are enjoying the Goldie...what type of work are you and your partner doing there?

Brooke

Hi Brooke

My partner is a mechanic and i'm a teacher. He found work quite easily and i've only just had my visa granted so starting job hunting.

We would both definately be up for a sunday meet up...paella and sangria sound great too!

I

Kelly

Archived