From The Jam - Australian Tour 2013

Acclaimed three piece From The Jam touring Down Under Jan/Feb 2013!Kicking off in Perth on Jan 31, the show features The Jam member, Bruce Foxton, legendary drummer Mark Brzezicki (Big Country, The Cult, Procol Harum) and guitarist Russell Hastings. Check out the show that's received rave reviews across the UK, US and Canada throughout 2012.....Time to get your mod on, Australia! Perth Jan 31* Bris Feb 1 * Melb Feb 2 * Syd Feb 3 from the jam.jpg

From-The-Jam2.jpg

From-The-Jam2.jpg

from the jam.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I've got mixed feelings about this kind of show. Paul Weller was the singer/songwriter just as John Fogarty was with Creedence and neither of them will have anything to do with their former groups, which irritates me. On the other hand, however good the 'tribute' band is, and having an original member, I'm not sure if I approve. I LOVE seeing Beatles tributes bands, mind, but in a way it would be like seeing Ringo Starr billed as 'From The Beatles', or, Heaven forbid, 'The Beatles.' I've got a feeling that Graham Gouldman toured as '10 CC?' Again, I love him, and often think of him as my favourite 60's songwriter - 'Bus Stop' 'No Milk Today', 'For Your Love', 'Pamela Pamela', etc but It's still NOT 10 CC!

Perhaps, at the end of the day, it's whether they put on a good show, and not just a dire parody, that really matters?

Archived