Just over a week in, moved to Surry Hills last night......

Pards

Hi,

So I arrived into Sydney last week and was orginally staying on George St in a serviced app. I am on a 457, 32 yr old single asian British male from Leicester and moved down here alone. I managed to find a really nice unfurnished newly built place in Surry Hills and moved in yesterday after hours of sweat and tears I assembled some of my Ikea furniture.....!!! Surry Hills seems like a great area and I have loved every minute of being in Sydney since I got here, the people are so friendly and welcoming and everyone seems really chilled out not like the UK!!.... and not to mention the amazing women!!

I have been really busy since I got here, opening bank accounts, phones, finding a place to live, furniture etc...... I am working in the CBD and started on Monday the guys I work with are great but they have all got their own lives to lead so it seems nobody is really up for a beer in the week and Fridays is mainly the time they go out.... so I suppose I am feeling a little bit lonley, I was just thinking as I write this if I was back home I would be down the local albeit snow etc, sinking a few pints with my mates... so my question is, and I appreciate this has been posted on here a 100 times, did most people feel like I do when they got out here? - Are there any other people in the same boat now and if so I would be more than happy to meet up? Any advice and tips?

Thanks,

Pards.

Hi Pards!

I'm in the same boat at the moment! Although you seem to be doing better than me, having found a place to live!

I'm still searching, although I'm hoping the house I viewed today is 'the one'!

I'm happy to meet for drinks sometime. It's a shamd as today would've been the perfect day!

Your living in a great and very social location!

Leanne

Get herself down the Trinity Bar mate - corner of Devonshire and Crown streets, one of the best pubs in town IMO. A proper cosy, proper pub

I'm thinking of organising a midweek (well, Thursday) beer shortly for slightly older farts, as I've got a bit envious of the young 'uns organising weekend booze ups. For those of us with kids, a midweek pass is easier to obtain than a weekend one ;-)

Archived