MELBORN... looking for familys and friends for 12+7 yr old girl

hi we will be moving over at the end of the year and was hoping to find a few family's that would be up for chatting on line, then meting up when we get over. Ideally with children the same age as mine. Esp so my eldest can ask for your child's opinion's on the move, settling, schooling and every thing else that teenagers think "parents no nothing about" lol :arghh:

XXX Angela XXX

I have boy who will turn 12 in May and girl 7 we are hopefully heading to Melbourne this summer - how does your elder one feel about the move? Mine isn't keen at all younger one very keen tho

we have been over a few times and have family their so she is liking the idea as she will be near her cousins of the similar age. also it was a choice between OZ or essex !! (Im not having a pop at essex xxx) also she has had a taster day the last time we were over (good having sil on school pta lol ) its more of the friend issue. oh and the worry about "learning aus" lmao

my girls are both in may as well :)

hi we will be moving over at the end of the year and was hoping to find a few family's that would be up for chatting on line, then meting up when we get over. Ideally with children the same age as mine. Esp so my eldest can ask for your child's opinion's on the move, settling, schooling and every thing else that teenagers think "parents no nothing about" lol :arghh:

XXX Angela XXX

Hi Angela,

we move end of June to Melbourne. Daughter who will turn 12 in June and son who will turn 10 in July. Daughter has her days of being excited then days of being anxious about the whole school/friends thing. It is a worry, at least you will have family over there to support you all, which will be a relief for you.

Pauline

I have boy who will turn 12 in May and girl 7 we are hopefully heading to Melbourne this summer - how does your elder one feel about the move? Mine isn't keen at all younger one very keen tho

Hi mmemmymooch,

We are making the move end of June. Do you have any friends or family over there? Again like yourself oldest one

has mixed emotions about the move, younger one seems fine as long as he has his dog and he can continue with his football...typical boy. It is very exciting and daunting for everyone.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

We moved over here last June with a then 13yr old son and 7yr old daughter (now 14 & 8yrs :wink:) and they love it here as much as hubby and myself. It feels like one BIG rollarcoaster of emotions in those last few months before the move, wondering to yourself.... Do we get off now while we can?? hee hee. But we wouldn't change a thing now we are here. So please try not to worry too much, I am sure the children will soon settle. We sometimes have the "would you move back conversation" and the answer is always NO WAY!! hee hee. The experiences we have all had ( eg, seeing dolphins swimming past while you fish, hand feeding parrots in the nearby forest, seeing wild kangaroos in the nearby reserve etc etc) are just amazing.

If your children want to chat to mine on Fb to ask any questions that us adults cant answer :laugh: or if you fancy a chat before the move, then I can pm you all of our FB details. Not saying we can answer then all, but we will try our best :yes: x

Hi everyone,

We moved over here last June with a then 13yr old son and 7yr old daughter (now 14 & 8yrs :wink:) and they love it here as much as hubby and myself. It feels like one BIG rollarcoaster of emotions in those last few months before the move, wondering to yourself.... Do we get off now while we can?? hee hee. But we wouldn't change a thing now we are here. So please try not to worry too much, I am sure the children will soon settle. We sometimes have the "would you move back conversation" and the answer is always NO WAY!! hee hee. The experiences we have all had ( eg, seeing dolphins swimming past while you fish, hand feeding parrots in the nearby forest, seeing wild kangaroos in the nearby reserve etc etc) are just amazing.

If your children want to chat to mine on Fb to ask any questions that us adults cant answer :laugh: or if you fancy a chat before the move, then I can pm you all of our FB details. Not saying we can answer then all, but we will try our best :yes: x

Thanks for the reassurance. Whereabouts in Melbourne are you? So glad everything has worked out for you and your family.

Pauline

Phi I am a 12 year old girl

Hi Angela,

we move end of June to Melbourne. Daughter who will turn 12 in June and son who will turn 10 in July. Daughter has her days of being excited then days of being anxious about the whole school/friends thing. It is a worry, at least you will have family over there to support you all, which will be a relief for you.

Pauline

Hi I am a 11 year old girl

Hi just reading your post, we fly over in a few weeks for a holiday, we also have our 176 skilled visas n hoping to move over this year, which area do you guys live ? We are staying Ashley gardens and somewhere nr Geelong then flying over to friends in Brisbane for our hols, we've been looking around the Geelong area for where we would like to settle x jo ste 2 boys 10 & 5 x

Thanks for the reassurance. Whereabouts in Melbourne are you? So glad everything has worked out for you and your family.

Pauline

Hi pauline,

So sorry for the late reply, only now checking this thread :biggrin:

We currently live in Sanctuary Lakes, Point cook but have just bought a plot of land in Eynesbury, ( only popped up for a drive, totally fell in love with the place) so will be moving there within the year :wink:

How are your plans going for the big move? hope its all going smoothly :yes:

Alison x

Hi just reading your post, we fly over in a few weeks for a holiday, we also have our 176 skilled visas n hoping to move over this year, which area do you guys live ? We are staying Ashley gardens and somewhere nr Geelong then flying over to friends in Brisbane for our hols, we've been looking around the Geelong area for where we would like to settle x jo ste 2 boys 10 & 5 x

Geelong is lovely, fantastic coast down that way :yes: torquay is stunning, we absolutely love Whites beach, especially as the dogs can come with us all year long too!!

We are in Point Cook at the mo. Hope your holiday plans are going well (or the hol itself if you are here already hee hee)

Alison x

Hi pauline,

So sorry for the late reply, only now checking this thread :biggrin:

We currently live in Sanctuary Lakes, Point cook but have just bought a plot of land in Eynesbury, ( only popped up for a drive, totally fell in love with the place) so will be moving there within the year :wink:

How are your plans going for the big move? hope its all going smoothly :yes:

Alison x

Hi Alison, ye it's all pretty much go here at the moment, and I'm starting to get a bit stressed, but once everything is organised I might feel a bit better. Are you looking forward to your move, how do the kids feel about it? Point Cook/Sanctuary Lakes was one of the areas we where thinking off, I hope you don't mind me asking but did you enjoy living there, maybe you could point me in the right direction of some nice areas or even other nice places you can recommend, husbands work will be in Derrimut.

I guess my biggest worry just now is the getting the kids into decent schools, state or private? Can you recommend any?

Sorry for all the questions, PM me if you prefer.

Good luck with all the plans for your new home!!

Pauline

• 9 months later...

jasperyogi

i would love to take you up on the f/b offer . sorry ive not been around i started a new job 40hr nights. but more like 50-60pw. So dont know if im coming or going. Paper works grind to a Holt. just trying to climb the brick wall none as "references from last 5 jobs" (hubbys only had the one since leaving school)

so now my family (uk) are creating. Treating us like leppers. the kids think its a pipe dream.... and im happy i didn't tell the boss :)

but all in all yay we are still coming. ive gt a job lined up with an agency but am thinking of retraining so am looking in to what i will need when we get their as chucking money at uk education just seems a wast.

and still looking at them dream houses for people with more money then scene IE footballers homes and thinking" i dont want that it toooo much to clean" lol

Archived