Sydney midweek beers? 20 or 21 Feb 2013

I've got a bit jealous over the summer seeing all the young city singles & couples organising weekend beer sessions on here

Those of us family guys and gals from the burbs tend to be booked up on weekends with boring stuff - you know, ferrying kids about to sports, talking to your spouse for the first time in a week when you actually get to spend time together, trolling around carpeted suburban shopping malls, dinner parties where car keys get chucked in a pot, that sort of thing.

Much easier for us to grab a jar or two/six on a school night in the city. "I'm working late tonight love" and a big packet of mints, job done

So can we have a beer meet during the week do you reckon? I don't say beer to make it sound too blokish, you can have wine or babycham if you must. Needs to be quite soon (for me) as we have a baby due 9 March so for a good few weeks after that I will be stymied even for weekday drinking I guess, or face the rolling pin

Currently looking at Wed 20 Feb or Thu 21 Feb. I suggest the Aussie which is a cracking pub, plus you can book outside tables so it's an easy place to organise a meet. They have quiz on Wednesdays which might be a laugh, or if we fancy more traditional necking of ale, maybe Thursday might be a better choice

What say the PIO massive?

Cheers

beer.gif

beer.gif

I shall probably be in it, although it is also quiz night at the Strawberry Hills Hotel on Wednesdays - more convenient for the station as it's only 100 metres down Devonshire St and open all night if you are that way inclined. On the other hand, it's good for me to move out of my 'comfort zone!'

Dave, Noddy the West Ham fan, Canterbury in England is home, never changed the location!!

Oh and Canterbury Kent is a damn site more attractive than Canterbury NSW!! you driven throught there? Like Beiruit!!

Hi Noddy - it's Tom's birthday today, may see him in the Strawberry Hills tonight. (I don't think it will be in the Triple Aces!)

Archived