Been in Brisbane 1 month now...

DDash

... and I still only know one person!

Hello, I am a guy from London, 36 years old, moved to Brisbane last month and I now live in the city and work in the Valley.

I am doing OK and love it here, but it would be GREAT to have some friends to meet up with for drinks and maybe some trips etc. (Sightseeing trips, not LSD/Acid).

The one guy who I do know from home is not in my age group.

I am pretty quiet and reserved with new people who I dont know, so find it hard to speak to strangers without reason and a bit unnerving meeting a group of 20 all at once... hence this little message!

It would be good to hear from anyone in the same situation 10 years or so either side of my own age. Where do you go? What do you do?

IS ANYBODY OUT THERE? lol

Hi all of you that replied, and thanks.

Tickled Pink- Im not really into conventional sports like football and rugby myself, I am a mechanic (Jaguar Master Technician when im trying to impress lol) and quite into my cars and motorbikes etc. anything with wheels for me! As for what I like to talk about, I guess I like to find out information to be honest, its just my nature. So I will usually like ask about where people have been and what they have seen and done travelling, love to hear about adventures!... or maybe just what was on tv last night?!

Nevermind, hopefully I will start to meet people through `everyday life` soon... otherwise hit me up people!

Hey guys, i was in exactly the same position as you guys. I know DDash is more into cars and by the way Jaguar Master Technician does sound pretty impressive but I was in the same position as I did now know anyone when i first moved so I have set up a social 5-a-side football group that will soon become a mini league for people new to Brisbane.

It will be a more social than serious league and after the games we have an offer for drink and food specials at the nearest bar so we can all relive the game highlights!

Hi DDash how you doing? Did you manage to meet up with anyone yet? It's hard making new friends hey. We could pop over sometime for a beer or food somewhere and a chin wag if ur up for it.

We are 43 n 47 so maybe too old for you but pretty laid back people. Our kids are older so it's just us a lot of the time. Almost there now with getting our lives together.

anyhoo pm me if you want to meet up sometime.

good luck mate :)

Hi DDash

How are you settling?

There is a meet up organised for this Thursday (7th March) in the city. I know you said you're not up for meeting loads of people in one go, but we are meeting another couple first for a meal before heading over to the bar for drinks (the meet up). You are very welcome to join us. We are all a similar age to you. Let me know if you want to join us.

Jit

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I'm coming over to Brisbane soon, will arrive on may 16th. I'm coming over alone on a whv to begin with but hopefully to settle. I need friends too and would be happy to meet, you can give me a tour lol.

Im 29 so my raving days are pretty much over but I do like to have a good time, would like to do some sightseeing etc.

Kate

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived