EOI 4x4 trip Victorian high country mid late April

Hi all.

Just putting it out there to see if anybody else would be interested in a 4x4 excursion out to the Vic high country sometime mid/late April or otherwise late May. (after mothersday)

Thinking of stopping Friday night at the Dargo hotel (always a "very interesting" evening) which is 4-5 hours drive from Melbourne and then a full days offroading in the high country to see some of the most breathtaking views in Vic.

Either heading back late Saturday or preferrably camping bush/stay in a hut and returning sunday arvo depending on the interest.

It wont be a full on 4x4 mudbashing adventure, but anybody wishing to attend would need a proper 4x4 (not softroader) with minimum AT tyres and preferably some offroad experience. Vehicles with a winch and snorkel preferred, and then I could look at a route including minor river crossings and some more interesting terrain.

Post on this thread if you are interested in taking part (including your vehicle, what modifications and if you have offroad experience)

Hope to get about 5-6 vehicles max if possible.

Paul.

OK I'm in. Cheers for the invite.

BB

no worries Simon. We can regard it as a practice run for the Perth trip :)

i'll try to pin down an exact weekend this week, and let you know.

anybody else interested?

Aye, but no proper 4x4, no spare leave available and new baby means computer says no

Have fun

:biggrin:

no worries. :)

I'll post up pics anyway to tease everybody.

anybody else out there fancy trying a fun packed 4x4 weekend?

Let us know when you do a Perth trip. Hopefully we will have our Landrover Series 3 over here by that time. Full equipped for off-road.

unfortunately the Perth roadtrip is for a Jeep meet up at Murchiesons offraod adventure park (http://www.murchisonoffroadadventures.com.au/) so just big get together for fellow jeepers.

I often read threads on different forums and the write ups and photos of WA offroad trips look awesome. Here in Vic its mud, mud & more mud with lots of winching involved, at least WA is a lot dryer so you get to travel more distance and get to see more :)

Good luck getting the Landy over, and im sure you will have heaps of fun on the tracks.

• 1 month later...

As promised a report on the high country trip.

Unfortunately no takers on here in the end but did have 7 cars in the end.

We stayed at an awesome camping spot on the crooked river for Friday and Saturday night. Cold nights (around freezing) but great daytime temps.

Did a couple of iconic tracks such as billy goat and blue rag. Also did a few night tracks including Randall's track which is very steep.

My son just passed his p's a week ago and was in his jeep and managed to break a driveshaft on the Saturday night run and had trouble getting back on Sunday midday (4 river crossings to get back to civilization)

Great weekend was had by all.

Here a few happy snaps.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369651660.520647.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369651689.603359.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369651706.486670.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369651729.486395.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369651744.753032.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369651660.520647.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369651689.603359.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369651706.486670.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369651729.486395.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369651744.753032.jpg