Travel Outside Australia While on Visa Application

nomadgreen

Hello.

I just want to ask if it has any effect if a visa applicant travels outside Australia while the visa application outcome is pending?

The thing is, I am on a 457 visa and my employer approves my annual leave. The dates of my annual leave (which is 1 month in length), depending on how fast/slow DIAC processes the application, may coincide with some requests or correspondence or the outcome itself. I know somehow it shouldn't be a problem coz there's no offshore/onshore designation now, but I just want to make sure before I buy the plane tickets.

Thank you.

Are you applying for ENS 186? if so you don't need to notify anyone, you're right in that there is no longer an onshore/offshore worry when you're already working on a 457. I'm PR now, but had the same concerns a few months ago. I was away for 5 weeks, no problems had. Everything is done by email in most cases now anyway.

Hello.

I just want to ask if it has any effect if a visa applicant travels outside Australia while the visa application outcome is pending?

The thing is, I am on a 457 visa and my employer approves my annual leave. The dates of my annual leave (which is 1 month in length), depending on how fast/slow DIAC processes the application, may coincide with some requests or correspondence or the outcome itself. I know somehow it shouldn't be a problem coz there's no offshore/onshore designation now, but I just want to make sure before I buy the plane tickets.

Thank you.

The question is when is your 457 visa going to expire?? If you will travel after your 457 visa has already expired and you are waiting on the decision on your visa application which u have applied you need to apply a bridging visa B to enable you to return here in Australia.

Archived