Just moved to Sydney (Waverton) - looking for a social life!

Hi folks!

We (husband, 2yo son and I) moved to Waverton, Lower North Shore in January. Husband and I work full time so occasionally go out with work colleagues. Other than that my social life needs a boost! Is anyone in our neck of the woods? Couples to go out for drinks with or other Mums in the area who might want to meet up on the weekend now and then for a few drinks in evening or daytime coffee/ park with the kids?

Helen

Nobody wants to come out for a drink with me. I keep trying to persuade someone to join my quiz team on Wed nights at the Strawberry Hills.

It's difficult for families with young kids to find pubs that are family-friendly. Sometimes they are welcome in the bistro/beer garden areas.

Nobody wants to come out for a drink with me. I keep trying to persuade someone to join my quiz team on Wed nights at the Strawberry Hills.

It's difficult for families with young kids to find pubs that are family-friendly. Sometimes they are welcome in the bistro/beer garden areas.

Family friendly pubs, does yours fit into that catergory?

OP sorry can't really help you, but, you are living in a nice suburb. Worked in Wollstonecraft for 3 years back in the late 90s.

The Strawbo is not family-friendly I'm afraid. I was just talking generally - nobody on PIO has ever turned up to help me on Quiz Night. Perhaps if the have baby sitter they would come!?

There is an Italian place on Crown St 'Cafe Scilliana' where famillies are welcome during the day.

I wonder if families are welcome in the garden of 'The Oaks' at Neutral Bay?

Archived