Hope Island

​Anybody out there who lives in or has lived in Hope Island, Gold Coast, Queensland? We have just moved out from the UK and are considering renting a house there. We want to know what the area is like and any pros/cons etc.

Would also be good to meet some new friends in the area, so we are extending the hand of friendship to anyone out there who is interested.

Thanks in advance for any comments!

Hi, we live not too far away in Maudsland. Hope Island is a nice area, (which is reflected in that it's quite pricey!). Not too far from the motorway, shops etc. One drawback is there are no schools in the suburb; you'll have to drive a little way, not certain but think the catchment is Coombabah (Primary and High Schools) if you are not sending your kids private. My son is ten in july, other kids are 8 and 6; pm me if you have any questions etc, will help if we can, or meet up for a drink.

Jo

Hi, we live not too far away in Maudsland. Hope Island is a nice area, (which is reflected in that it's quite pricey!). Not too far from the motorway, shops etc. One drawback is there are no schools in the suburb; you'll have to drive a little way, not certain but think the catchment is Coombabah (Primary and High Schools) if you are not sending your kids private. My son is ten in july, other kids are 8 and 6; pm me if you have any questions etc, will help if we can, or meet up for a drink. Jo

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes we have found it pricey but have pushed the budget out to get what we want. Meeting up for a drink might be good. I (Matt) am an accountant and my wife (Louise) previously worked at one of our local preschools in the UK. Our son, Corey, is almost 13 and our daughter, Daisy, is 10.

i have checked and the high school catchment for the house we want is Helensvale. Not sure abut the primary school yet though. Not sending the kids private, as cant afford it!!

Anyway, let me know if you'd like to meet up. My wife knows somebody on the Sunshine Coast but that's 2.5 hrs drive away so not exactly round the corner!

Cheers

Matt

Hi Guys, hubby and I live on Hope Island. Hubby chose the house before I arrived and made a very good choice

Pro's beautiful place to live

Access to motorways

Access to Gold Coast, beaches in 15 minutes and Brizzy 45 minutes

Local shops/dr's/dentist

Gold course galore, if you like it!!

Riverside area beautiful for lazy days

Very clean and well presented area

Con's

Can be xpensive to rent due to some exclusive properties

No public transport so would need own transport, local train station is in Helenvale 10 minute drive by car

Commute if working in Brizzy can be draining

It truly is a beautiful place to live, we have looked where to buy in other areas all over Brizzy and to be honest nowhere is as nice as here.

If you need any further help give me a shout via email

Hi Guys, hubby and I live on Hope Island. Hubby chose the house before I arrived and made a very good choice

Pro's beautiful place to live

Access to motorways

Access to Gold Coast, beaches in 15 minutes and Brizzy 45 minutes

Local shops/dr's/dentist

Gold course galore, if you like it!!

Riverside area beautiful for lazy days

Very clean and well presented area

Con's

Can be xpensive to rent due to some exclusive properties

No public transport so would need own transport, local train station is in Helenvale 10 minute drive by car

Commute if working in Brizzy can be draining

It truly is a beautiful place to live, we have looked where to buy in other areas all over Brizzy and to be honest nowhere is as nice as here.

If you need any further help give me a shout via email

Thanks very much for the response - very useful. We have now found and signed a rental in Hope Island, we get the keys on 10th May, but can't move in properly until our container arrives from the UK, which should be about 10 days later.

We would really like to meet some other families and make some local friends as all of ours are back in the UK lol!!

Cheers

Matt & Louise

Guest hoffer

Sorry to Jump on your thread but this is very interesting to us. We are doing a reccie in a months time and hope island is an area we are looking at for a move at the end of this year. It would be great if we could pick your brains

Sorry to Jump on your thread but this is very interesting to us. We are doing a reccie in a months time and hope island is an area we are looking at for a move at the end of this year. It would be great if we could pick your brains

No problem, be pleased to offer any help we can. We have just signed a rental agreement for a house in Hope Island as we have heard lots of good things about it. Keep in touch if there is anything along the way you want to know that we can help you with.

Guest hoffer

cheers mate. With a lot of the area being gated I am assuming it wont be easy myself and my wife having a look around when we get there is that the case?

cheers mate. With a lot of the area being gated I am assuming it wont be easy myself and my wife having a look around when we get there is that the case?

Phi, if you did fancy a look around our community we would be happy to "let you in" haha and take you around, just get in touch. Been here for 7 months now so if you need any help just holla

Thanks very much for the response - very useful. We have now found and signed a rental in Hope Island, we get the keys on 10th May, but can't move in properly until our container arrives from the UK, which should be about 10 days later.

We would really like to meet some other families and make some local friends as all of ours are back in the UK lol!!

Cheers

Matt & Louise

just shout if you want any information or fancy meeting for a coffee at the weekend, we are on Gracemere estate

Guest hoffer

That would be amazing if you could? as you all know its such a big move and I am frustrating my wife by trying to researching everything to the extreme. So being able to actually have a look would be great

just shout if you want any information or fancy meeting for a coffee at the weekend, we are on Gracemere estate

Hi, we will be in Rosebank Gardens, but don't pick our keys up until next Friday 10th May. We're happy to meet up for a coffee if you're free, will have to bring the kid though lol. As you know the area better than us maybe you could suggest a venue?

Cheers

Matt & Louise

Hi, I'm in rose bank gardens, I live on riverdale drive, we moved here last November, there's me (becky) my hubby (David) and we have 3 children, Alecia who is 17, Callum who is 15 & Olivia who is 11.

we all love it here, like yourself we pushed the boat out with the rental price just to settle us in as we had never been to Australia before so knew nothing about areas, also the fact that my hubby works away for 28 days at a time so I felt more safe to be in a gated community.

it would be really nice to meet up for a coffee with you all, I've not made any friends since I've been here, I think it's not because I have not wanted to but just been so preoccupied with the children and learning lots of new things here that I've not really put myself out there, I find it hard as my hubby works away so meeting new people but having to do it on my own I find very daunting, anyway, I've decided I need to start making friends and what better than to make friends on my doorstep and offer any advice that I can.

Hi, I'm in rose bank gardens, I live on riverdale drive, we moved here last November, there's me (becky) my hubby (David) and we have 3 children, Alecia who is 17, Callum who is 15 & Olivia who is 11.

we all love it here, like yourself we pushed the boat out with the rental price just to settle us in as we had never been to Australia before so knew nothing about areas, also the fact that my hubby works away for 28 days at a time so I felt more safe to be in a gated community.

it would be really nice to meet up for a coffee with you all, I've not made any friends since I've been here, I think it's not because I have not wanted to but just been so preoccupied with the children and learning lots of new things here that I've not really put myself out there, I find it hard as my hubby works away so meeting new people but having to do it on my own I find very daunting, anyway, I've decided I need to start making friends and what better than to make friends on my doorstep and offer any advice that I can.

Hi, meeting for coffee sounds great. I've accepted your friend request so will send you a PM.

Cheers

Matt & Louise

Hi there I recently moved to Gold Coast after being in Perth 12 years ( originally from London) we rented in hope island for 6 months and have just bought our house in paradise point . Hope island is beautiful and we were so pleased we started there its always stressful moving so it took the edge off being in such a beautiful place. I have 3 boys 15, 13 & 11. My eldest is in private school and my other 2 in state schools, we was extremely lucky to get a place at Coomera rivers school its a state school but run like a private one the technology is amazing and all their learning is done on laptops.. My middle son moved up to high school this year and choose to stay with his friends and goes to a brand new school in pimpama its great as only year 7 & 8 there as its new and again run like private ... If you haven't got schools sorted I highly recommend looking into these as an option ... If there is anything else you need help with just let me know and likewise my husband and I left all our friends behind so would be great to get together too ?

Hi Rebecca I'm new here too, from uk but been in Perth 12 years I also have 3 kids 15,13 and 11. i really miss my friends and likewise have been too busy focusing on my kids , I used to live in hope island now just down the road at paradise point .. If u fancy catching up for a coffee sometime just let me know cheers Wendy

Hi there I recently moved to Gold Coast after being in Perth 12 years ( originally from London) we rented in hope island for 6 months and have just bought our house in paradise point . Hope island is beautiful and we were so pleased we started there its always stressful moving so it took the edge off being in such a beautiful place. I have 3 boys 15, 13 & 11. My eldest is in private school and my other 2 in state schools, we was extremely lucky to get a place at Coomera rivers school its a state school but run like a private one the technology is amazing and all their learning is done on laptops.. My middle son moved up to high school this year and choose to stay with his friends and goes to a brand new school in pimpama its great as only year 7 & 8 there as its new and again run like private ... If you haven't got schools sorted I highly recommend looking into these as an option ... If there is anything else you need help with just let me know and likewise my husband and I left all our friends behind so would be great to get together too 

Hi, would be great to meet for coffee, we have enrolled our kids, 1 in Helensvale High School and the other in Helensvale Primary school as they both have good reputations. Have accepted your friend request so if you want to send us a PM about when/where re: coffee we'll keep a lookout. We moved in on Friday so still a bit disorganised but getting there!

Cheers

Matt & Louise

Archived