price for cat x rays/tests

Wellers and Whitehead

I'm just curious, our cat went to the vets today, had 3 x rays, blood tests, some meds, anaesthetic and it came to $670. Is this similar to what others have paid? My OH thinks its expensive, but with the cost of everything in Sydney so expensive I see it as normal!?

Following these tests from the x rays it would appear she has bronchitis, my understanding is that's to do with allergies, mould etc. my concern is it might be our flat..it is cold inside no matter what the weather, so as its getting colder i'm thinking it might be making her worse!?

Any ideas?

Blood tests for my dog are about $250.

It does seem pricey, but doesn't surprise me.

Looking at the breakdown, the blood count cost $90, it was the anaesthetic and x rays which were expensive. If you pay $250 for a blood test maybe it is right. She was in all day bless her. Just trying to figure out why she has bronchitis, clean flat, no big changes, the only thing is it is cold, we would have the heating on in UK, so never got this cold, and its not insulated, and it has mould on the wall but was painted over, i'm thinking this might be it. Got to wait for blood tests to come back and see if its any thing worse!? Thanks for your quick response. Between the cat and I we are falling apart, I've started having panic attacks!!!

Ohhhhh dear.

One if my cats was the scabbiest cat my other half could possibly find (the white long hair in the pic). He had crusty eyes and so much poo around is arse I really thought there was something really wrong with him. But other half had fallen in love. We got him checked out and the bottom was diet change (dodgy pet shop trying to sell their cat food, I don't think he had been on it before).

The weepy eyes the vet said didn't seem like much. They just about wore off, but have come back just recently, just as my hay fever kicks in for the year..... So yes, I wouldn't be surprised.

Thinking about it you know, I have had three cats desexed in the last year. Now sure, that is routine, but involves anaesthetic and a tiny bit of surgery. About $100 for the boys and $150 for my girl. Should give some idea of the anaesthetic part (they used isophlorane sp, I asked, and that is one of the more pricy ones).

Archived