The beach every day ?

Que Sera Sera

We holiday down that way quite frequently. Currarong is lovely, quiet seaside suburb, but my absolute favourite is Kangaroo Valley area. Beautiful! Doesn't need to be near the beach!

Couldn't agree more about Kangaroo Valley. The drives around there are amazing.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ptp113
We holiday down that way quite frequently. Currarong is lovely, quiet seaside suburb, but my absolute favourite is Kangaroo Valley area. Beautiful! Doesn't need to be near the beach!

Exactly, it doesn't need to be near the beach. Check out Exeter, Robertson, Moss Vale, Sutton Forrest, Burrawang, Bundanoon, Bowral, Berrima, Manchester Square, Fitzroy Falls etc

Walk the dog most days, but that is about it. We live opposite the beach at the Cut in Dawesville and used to go a lot - surf and things, but not much now. I guess the novelty wore off

its a beautiful part of the world. I get called down your way very often for work and as I'm driving down especially over the bridge it takes my breath away, love Cafe Coast too nearly always see dolphins in the cut.

Guest guest30085

Beach Everyday? If only :no:

Im about 40 miles from the coast in the UK, so distance is an issue and so is what floats past you in the water :shocked:

Whenever Ive been to Oz though then yes all the time. Although that may not be the same if living there rather than a holiday? Although some obviously do on this thread, so maybe.

Exactly, it doesn't need to be near the beach. Check out Exeter, Robertson, Moss Vale, Sutton Forrest, Burrawang, Bundanoon, Bowral, Berrima, Manchester Square, Fitzroy Falls etc

I mentioned Fitzroy Falls before, absolutely beautiful place to visit. There are countless places to visit down south, both the beaches and inland to the national parks. Never tire of views like this.

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

its a beautiful part of the world. I get called down your way very often for work and as I'm driving down especially over the bridge it takes my breath away, love Cafe Coast too nearly always see dolphins in the cut.

I love coming over the bridge - you can see my place from the bridge near the corner of the ocean and the cut. The dolphins are amazing. When we first arrived, the wife didnt believe me there were dolphins, then when she saw them, she ended up spending months down there every day watching them and swimming with them. She got to know them well enough that they would bring the calfs to see her.

Lots of roos on the golf course as well. But, if you have visitors from the UK take them to Melrose up the road to see the roos - millions of them, particularly in the little park in the middle. Though loads in peoples gardens.

You should try the golf club on the cut - pretty decent food and by Perth standards very well priced.

I love coming over the bridge - you can see my place from the bridge near the corner of the ocean and the cut. The dolphins are amazing. When we first arrived, the wife didnt believe me there were dolphins, then when she saw them, she ended up spending months down there every day watching them and swimming with them. She got to know them well enough that they would bring the calfs to see her.

Lots of roos on the golf course as well. But, if you have visitors from the UK take them to Melrose up the road to see the roos - millions of them, particularly in the little park in the middle. Though loads in peoples gardens.

You should try the golf club on the cut - pretty decent food and by Perth standards very well priced.

Sounds lovely, good tip thanks. A beautiful place it really is.

It's been mentioned in other threads that part of the Aussie lifestyle is going to the beach everyday and that maybe people don't actually get to the beach much for various reasons. I wonder what everyone's experience is. Mine is that we do indeed go to the beach every day sometimes twice a day as we have fantastic dog beaches where we can let the dog off the lead and walk for k's. I've now started jogging and very often jog along the footpath next to the beach and the OH likes fishing . Now we don't tend to do the surfing, sunbathing thing all that often maybe once a month but we do spend a lot if time by the water. We are saving hard for a jet ski at the moment and one day would love a boat. What's your experiences or expectations?

Haha, There's this thing called work which may get in the way for me! I expect i'll go once or twice a week not every day.

I'm another daily beach goer, 10 min drive to the nearest dog beach, where we walk and the dogs swim, then I will sit for a bit either reading or on the I pad or just take in the view. Then it's a walk back up the beach for a coffe or smoothie at one of the cafes.

Its the kind of life I enjoy

Interesting thread! It's funny coz we move to Australia in August. After months (probably years actually!)of research we decided on North NSW. Great beaches, nice community, lovely school, not too crowded. Not in the thick of the Gold Coast and Brisbane but close enough for work and day trips.......however, last week my husband had a great offer in central Brisbane! Great, brilliant, everything is falling into place - or so we thought! Then the company told us we had to live within the Brisbane area. To say i have been gutted since receiving this information is an understatement! I am torn between a great job opportunity (for hubby) and staying true to our dream (the outdoors beachy lifestyle that we so long for amongst other things of course!) We have 3 kids and a dog and i can't think of anything better than spending time with them down the beach! They will simply love every moment! That said, of course 'the dream', is not possible without the great job!!!!!!!!!! Dilemma! Up to reading this thread, i started to wander if the 'beach thing' everyday(or even a couple of time a week) is reality or just a dream. You have confirmed that it can be a reality...!!!

Tricky decisions ahead me thinks!

Great thread though, thanks for giving me something to think about (ever more to think about!!!!!!!)

as much as we love the beach and its only 20 min drive we just dont use it as much as we should ......when we are there its great fun , an almost empty beach where we use the dingy in knee deep ocean ...so why dont we use it more often ?.....to get 5 children ready and all the gear they need can be stressfull at times .looking for goggles is a nightmare ......a particular towel , then the hair has to be right .......drinks , food ect ......its not as easy as "lets hit the beach"....but last time we were there about 10 weeks ago we had a ball..........pizza and chicken treat on the beach ......followed by a lovely sunset .......

Having lived here for yonks I never go to the beach, must qualify that, I do not like lying on the beach, swimming in the sea, creatures, sand, don't mix with me, lawn should go down to the water :laugh:. However I do like to live near the sea, in my veins. I love to walk on the beach in winter, no flies, bracing. Blows the cobwebs away.

Its a fallacy that Aus people spend a lot of time on the beach, some do some don't just like everywhere else.

We get to the beach a handful of times between november and march. When we do go, I'm the enthusiastic one: first in/last out of the sea etc.

I love the local beaches (Torquay, Pt Lonsdale my favourites) and I'm really looking forward to summer for swimming and snorkelling. Not overly fussed with going to the beach in winter as there is plenty of other stuff to do.

Interesting thread! It's funny coz we move to Australia in August. After months (probably years actually!)of research we decided on North NSW. Great beaches, nice community, lovely school, not too crowded. Not in the thick of the Gold Coast and Brisbane but close enough for work and day trips.......however, last week my husband had a great offer in central Brisbane! Great, brilliant, everything is falling into place - or so we thought! Then the company told us we had to live within the Brisbane area. To say i have been gutted since receiving this information is an understatement! I am torn between a great job opportunity (for hubby) and staying true to our dream (the outdoors beachy lifestyle that we so long for amongst other things of course!) We have 3 kids and a dog and i can't think of anything better than spending time with them down the beach! They will simply love every moment! That said, of course 'the dream', is not possible without the great job!!!!!!!!!! Dilemma! Up to reading this thread, i started to wander if the 'beach thing' everyday(or even a couple of time a week) is reality or just a dream. You have confirmed that it can be a reality...!!!

Tricky decisions ahead me thinks!

Great thread though, thanks for giving me something to think about (ever more to think about!!!!!!!)

Hey in all honesty I'd go with the job offer it has to come first. My daughters both live in Brisbane Bayside and there are some great dog beaches there. They also pop down to Surfers Paradise for the day on the weekends, you can also pop up to Bribie Island on the weekend too. Defo go for the job .

We get to the beach a handful of times between november and march. When we do go, I'm the enthusiastic one: first in/last out of the sea etc.

I love the local beaches (Torquay, Pt Lonsdale my favourites) and I'm really looking forward to summer for swimming and snorkelling. Not overly fussed with going to the beach in winter as there is plenty of other stuff to do.

An odd, rare post from you claiming you may actually enjoy living here.....

Hey in all honesty I'd go with the job offer it has to come first. My daughters both live in Brisbane Bayside and there are some great dog beaches there. They also pop down to Surfers Paradise for the day on the weekends, you can also pop up to Bribie Island on the weekend too. Defo go for the job .

Yeah, my head is telling me that too!!!! My heart however is being pulled to the beach!!! We have been to Australia a couple of times (first time for a year and the second time for 4 weeks). We went to Brisbane both times but didn't spend a great deal of time getting the know the place. I am sure once we get there and have a good look around and see the beaches then i wont feel hard done too! It's all an adventure which ever way i look at it!

Thanks for advice:biggrin: x

I'm one that goes just about daily. Live about 2 mins car drive and can walk it in 10 mins. Usually go for a ski paddle before work, then sometimes after work too if there's a training session on for something like triathlon or board training. I drive down West Coast Highway every day so see the ocean. Yesterday was the biggest swell I've seen in a while so just had to stop and take a couple of photos on the way home.

Tried to add the photos but they just kept coming up with an error. Shame they were nice shots.

The wife and kids go a lot too. Both kids joined the local surf club when they were 7 and I had the pleasure of being their age group coach for a few years. We all still love it as much as when we first came here.

Strange but you don't have to live far away for it to be too far to go daily. When rented for a year in Como we only went a couple of times a week. That was one of the reasons we moved to where we live now, we wanted to be able to walk down and for our visitors to be able to do the same. That has been a big bonus as they can do their own thing and don't have to wait for us to take them and fetch them back.

Yeah, my head is telling me that too!!!! My heart however is being pulled to the beach!!! We have been to Australia a couple of times (first time for a year and the second time for 4 weeks). We went to Brisbane both times but didn't spend a great deal of time getting the know the place. I am sure once we get there and have a good look around and see the beaches then i wont feel hard done too! It's all an adventure which ever way i look at it!

Thanks for advice:biggrin: x

Brisbane is a nice City but no beaches close. There is a man made beach and swimming lagoon in South Bank which is nice. complete with lifeguards. It gets packed in summer but is still good fun. Some nice pubs and restaurants around there too.

It's not too far to get to some great beaches at the weekends though. Surfers, Gold Coast South, Sunshine Coast North.

Archived