The beach every day ?

Que Sera Sera

Guest guest76088

As long as you have discovered the Fifth Element, there should be no problem.

BigD

Brisbane is a nice City but no beaches close. There is a man made beach and swimming lagoon in South Bank which is nice. complete with lifeguards. It gets packed in summer but is still good fun. Some nice pubs and restaurants around there too.

It's not too far to get to some great beaches at the weekends though. Surfers, Gold Coast South, Sunshine Coast North.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I probably live about 5 mins walk from cronulla beach also, but currently it is dark by 520pm, so don't get to even see the beach/sea apart from on a weekend. Tbh, I did say I would go sit on the beach in my hoody and uggs this weekend, I have only swum in the sea twice in 16 months, always to cold and if it's warm enough i'm normally at work in an air con office!! :-(

Plus my OH works weekends so I don't fancy going in the sea on my own...just in case jaws comes along ha!

Mate, I don't think you really get me if that is what you thought

I thought the British had a sense of humour. Was it a bit subtle without a wink?

Although as an afterthought, I don't think I could pick you out of a line up!

We live about 45 minutes from the beach so don't get there that often. If the weather is nice and it's not too hot on the weekends I like to go down for a bit - we take lunch to eat under the trees at the top of the beach then go on for a bit of a paddle. The nearest beach is near my brother in laws so we will go down to the beach and then on to visit him if he's in. The kids like the beaches with waves though but they are about an hour or so away so they are more of an entire morning out. I do love the trips out to the beach. We had a long weekend in Port Elliot a few weeks ago staying right in front of the beach. It was really great to be able to go down to the beach with nothing more than ourselves and towels and spend time playing in the waves.

Sound too big Paul. Edit the size in Photo Editor or similar, it's usually really easy. Photo Editor has a gert simple "compress pictures" tool which does it automatically, tells you expected file size and the like

Thanks mate, I'll give it a shot.

I tried uploading photos again today and they fail with error #2038. Does anyone know why? Is there a limit to the size of photo? Mine are about 2.5MB

Paul, you only need 'em 70pixels for computer display, that's where the size is coming in more than likely...............reduce the pixels and the size will drop

Still didn't work Northshore. Don't think it's the size now mate. They are down to about 200KB.

the easiest way to upload is to send your pics to photobucket................they get resized there then all you have to do is copy the url on the bottom line of the box on the right of the page and paste it in here.

the easiest way to upload is to send your pics to photobucket................they get resized there then all you have to do is copy the url on the bottom line of the box on the right of the page and paste it in here.

Do you have to create an account for there JD? If you do I don't think I will bother. Strange in that I'm sure I've uploaded photos before?

Do you have to create an account for there JD? If you do I don't think I will bother. Strange in that I'm sure I've uploaded photos before?

yes, but it's free..................nothing easier when it comes to wanting to post your images elsewhere.

• 2 months later...
Most people hardly ever go to the beach

Not sure why you would post that on a thread where posters are telling how they do use the beach daily/weekly??

i swim during the summer months, not hardy enough to do the winter ones!!

Not sure why you would post that on a thread where posters are telling how they do use the beach daily/weekly??

Because it is true. Going to the beach seems to be a British migrant thing.....most locals hardly bother

Why give the impression that Australia is all about beaches?

Because it is true. Going to the beach seems to be a British migrant thing.....most locals hardly bother

Why give the impression that Australia is all about beaches?

We almost always meet people out walking with or without dogs , who are Aussie and some people do swim everyday and those are almost always Aussies who swim miles out .

We almost always meet people out walking with or without dogs , who are Aussie and some people do swim everyday and those are almost always Aussies who swim miles out .

A handful perhaps....what is the population of Perth?.......and are they all out at the beach?

Archived