The beach every day ?

Que Sera Sera

Your 7 year old would love the beaches here. Paul is probably going to comment on anti social behaviour at beaches...any beach here where there are bars nearby will have an anti social element...par for the course, Scarborough, Cottesloe and Mullaloo are a few that spring to mind...wouldnt be any different anywhere else...most beaches just have maybe a cafe and loos, a lot just a loo....theyre the ones that are most deserted..and relaxing! We tend to avoid the busier beaches and it's mostly a handful of people you see..depends on the reason for the visit really....loads of places where theres a nice chippy or kiosk...some quite refined others a bit rough and ready but all with a stunning, stunning coastline and view

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think more Brits are on the beach than Aussies sometimes! We are so used to seeing it that unless you are a beach goer you don't really bother. I'm not a massive beach person and never have been so only really venture down there to walk.

What utter tramps them people are.. It's my pet hate

Why would you hate something as trivial as that? No wonder you don't like it here if little things like that get to you. My youngest is really funny, sees himself as a proper little Aussie, calls the toilet a dunnie and things. When we come out of the pool he always carries his shoes even in winter. It was cold and raining a couple of weeks back and there he was walking out with no shoes and socks on. I said why don't you put your shoes on your feet will be freezing, he hust replied "It's Australia Paul":laugh:

When we used to go on holiday to Spain, Portugal, Greece or other hot climates I would quite often walk around with no shoes on there. Specially if we were just going from apartment to beach and back again.

Well you won't see many if any Italians or Spanish doing it, proberbly the two best dressed countries in the world. Same climate, more self respect

I've seen loads of Spanish doing it, a lot of the time the whole family, from young kids to nanas. Like another poster said, often happens in the South of France too. Wouldn't know about Italy, never been.

Wow, that's horrific! Despite social problems being everywhere, never heard of such a thing in Perth. The beaches here are simply heavenly.

I've been to Melbourne a few times and we had really good weather once.:wink: We went to St Kilda as my wife wanted to go to the markets so I thought me and the youngster would be able to go to the beach for an hour or so as I hate markets with a vengeance. I had already done my stint and been round the one in the City the day before.

Being a nice Sunday it was packed on the train out there, there was hardly any space on the beach, felt like the whole of Melbourne had decided to go and the beach is nothing to shout about anyway. You have to wade out a long way to get deep enough for a swim. Still better than walking round the markets though.

A trip like that makes us realise how lucky we are when we get good weather in Perth, still plenty of room to move.

Drink and drugs on the beach.. It's the only beach in perth that I've seen that has a constant police presence

I've been going to Scarborough for years, it's one of Perths most popular beaches as it's one of the few you get decent waves and there are a few good bars, restaurants and my favourite kebab shop. The eldest used to train down there about 3 times a week and then do on ironman session on Saturday mornings. Sure there are a few more youngsters go there but I've never seen anyone using drugs on the beach and when I've seen people drinking, which is rare anyway, they've been stopped pretty quick and get a big fine.

There are free music concerts down there a few times a year, they get packed and I've never seen anything bad at them either. My son has been to every "sets on the beach" gig they've done and has had a great time at every one. Usually have to go and pick him up and all I see is young people having a good time.

Got to be able to go somewhere to let off a bit of steam. I think it's a pity that they closed the lookout years ago. It was one of the few places on the coast that had a nightclub. I think it got closed as they found the staff were having wild orgies after the club closed.:wink:

There were a few fights and police presence when the club turned out but I've never known a place that has a nightclub, anywhere in the world, be devoid of trouble. Doesn't mean you have to get mixed up in it.

I've seen loads of Spanish doing it, a lot of the time the whole family, from young kids to nanas. Like another poster said, often happens in the South of France too. Wouldn't know about Italy, never been.

My family live in Spain and apart from the beach I've never seen a Spanish person bare footed around town/shopping centres. There's no need for it.. It's dirty and a health hazard

Archived