Reference letter format for vetassess

karmen128

I'm going to submit full skills assessment for vetassess and this requires employment evidence...

My previous supervisor had written a reference letter and post it to me. The letter have 2 pages and both pages are printed with company letterhead. However, he only signed the second page and all the content is written on the first page. Only "Yours sincerely" and his signature and contact details are on the second page.... Would this be a problem?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure, as I would like to retain the original copy for the 190 visa application, I may send the certified copy to Vetassess.

Should I post it before 1st of July? Will there be any change to the requirement of skills assessment every July?

Hi Karmen,

We've recently had two statements written for our Vetassess application, and our agent required the following:

1. That each statement was on letter headed paper (first page only as letterhead).

2. That each statement was signed and dated with the role of the person signing also included. We asked them to sign and date each page just in case, but as far as we were told this info' just had to be included on the last page.

3. That each side/page is then countersigned/stamped by a 'Justice of the Peace'. We have taken all our documents to a local solicitor who is familiar with the requirements for countersigning docs.

Hope this helps!

Sending the certified documents is a good option. I did the same, but sent the originals from my current employer.

There is a list of people whom you can get your docs certified from. I did it through a Doctor, she checked my originals and verified the copies. Solicitors charge per paper and it is costly if you around 100 papers :biggrin:

One more thing: your job reference letter should also include your salary and number of hours spent in a week and inturn every year. This is critical.

Oh yep that's a really good point. We were told that each statement had to include your job title, salary, contracted hours and relevant employment dates in each position etc.

Archived