Introducing the children .

Que Sera Sera

I have 2 a 11 year old girl (a good girl) but I still have the teenage years to come and I can feel it coming very slowly lol, and my little man who is 7 he is like a cyclone but the most loveable person and is very thoughtful, love them both more than anything but I have to say it is by far the hardest job I have ever had (not that it's a job) but the most rewarding thing I have ever done, I just hope they grow up to kind,caring,confident people and love themselves xxx

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A girl of 29' a boy of 27 both staying in UK and youngest is girl 19 coming with us (eventually when she gets her act together) and maybe her boyfriend too if they are still together when the time comes. Oh and one cat also coming with us.

We are hopefully going over to Brisbane in the Autumn (still waiting for son's medical to clear - was referred in early Jan: don't get me started...!) There's me, my partners, two boys 12 and 11, and a girl of 10. Plus two English Pointers and two elderly cats. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately, as shipping pets costs a fortune) we are unable to take our rabbits and two tanks of tropical fish!

Terry

We are hopefully going over to Brisbane in the Autumn (still waiting for son's medical to clear - was referred in early Jan: don't get me started...!) There's me, my partners, two boys 12 and 11, and a girl of 10. Plus two English Pointers and two elderly cats. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately, as shipping pets costs a fortune) we are unable to take our rabbits and two tanks of tropical fish!

Terry

My friend had a gorgeous English Pointer ( Zach ) he was as tall as my Great Dane! A beautiful dog. You are very lucky, they must be costing a fortune to ship! Worth it though x

Left the UK last July with a kicking and screaming 16 yo daughter and a 18 yo , mmm will try for a year daughter and her boyfriend.

update is they both love love love it, which is good for us cos it would have meant some tough decisions otherwise.

the boyfriend came with us on a WHV visa but just this week, got a 4 year training visa granted. So far, so good.

Its def been the best move for their sakes. It's just broadened Their horizons so much and made them so much more confident, they now know that there is life outside of the UK, and that life is there for them to explore and have fun in.

Left the UK last July with a kicking and screaming 16 yo daughter and a 18 yo , mmm will try for a year daughter and her boyfriend.

update is they both love love love it, which is good for us cos it would have meant some tough decisions otherwise.

the boyfriend came with us on a WHV visa but just this week, got a 4 year training visa granted. So far, so good.

Its def been the best move for their sakes. It's just broadened Their horizons so much and made them so much more confident, they now know that there is life outside of the UK, and that life is there for them to explore and have fun in.

My 16 year old ( at the time ) hated it, said we'd ruined her life. Said she would get a job to save to go back. I asked her how that was going ? She said she was going to use the money instead to go to Hawaii with her new friends ........result

!

My 16 year old ( at the time ) hated it, said we'd ruined her life. Said she would get a job to save to go back. I asked her how that was going ? She said she was going to use the money instead to go to Hawaii with her new friends ........result

!

16 yo landed and job here straight away, no experience, nothing on cv as she had just left school. Earning $23 and hour, which for Her age reckon pretty good. She has spent spent spent, which is normal, but has also saved loads. She left this week for a month hol in the UK, all paid for her.

other daughter is doing a job normally reserved for uni grads, but she wowed them over

Just thought it might be interesting. How many children we have, are they here over there or wherever and how old are they.

Ive 3 children , 2 girls , one of 22 and one of 19 and a Son who is 12 today!

My daughters both live in Brisbane sharing with friends and doing very well and my Son lives with my OH and me in Mandurah.

QSS, we have 5 children, twins almost 5 , both boys , then 3 girls 8, 11 and 13 .......2 rabbits , 2 guinea pigs and 5 chickens ...then there is Pepper my dog ....

QSS, we have 5 children, twins almost 5 , both boys , then 3 girls 8, 11 and 13 .......2 rabbits , 2 guinea pigs and 5 chickens ...then there is Pepper my dog ....

Qudos!! Sounds like the perfect family! I'm sure it can be stressful, but Im sure you have some great laughs amd some wonderful fab times xxx

Guest guest30085

One Mini Me - beautiful,kind and loving girl . . . carefully hidden behind teenage petulance :wacko::wink::wubclub:

I have 3 children.My son is 30 (adopted at birth,reconnected 12 yrs ago)a daughter who is 26,and another daughter who is 23!I also have 3 grandaughters!Aged 5,3,and 1 week old!

Thats so lovely to have been reunited with your son, what a lovely story. Ah Grandchildren that's the next step for me .

16 yo landed and job here straight away, no experience, nothing on cv as she had just left school. Earning $23 and hour, which for Her age reckon pretty good. She has spent spent spent, which is normal, but has also saved loads. She left this week for a month hol in the UK, all paid for her.

other daughter is doing a job normally reserved for uni grads, but she wowed them over

That's great news. My daughters both earn good money too probably 3 times what they'd be on in the UK, and they know it. Hope your girl enjoys her break but comes back knowing she's better off here x

Terry

Wow! Partners??! You must be kept busy eh? haha ;)

I don't have any kids and don't intend to. I really, really value my sleep :)

Wow! Partners??! You must be kept busy eh? haha ;)

I don't have any kids and don't intend to. I really, really value my sleep :)

I've a few friends that don't want kids. Don't blame em, it's certainly not for everyone and sleep is certainly hard to come by for many parents. Mind you my fur baby wakes me up most mornings way to early!

Im a lucky lady that all four kids have come over with us eldest 22, 18, 12 & 9, so thats two boys through the teenage years and two girls left to go.....give me strength !! Have to be honest always preferred kids to babies and watching them become adults is fascinating, infuriating at times but never boring.. My avatar is a pic of mummy sandwich ..me in the middle with my babies around me :biggrin:

Im a lucky lady that all four kids have come over with us eldest 22, 18, 12 & 9, so thats two boys through the teenage years and two girls left to go.....give me strength !! Have to be honest always preferred kids to babies and watching them become adults is fascinating, infuriating at times but never boring.. My avatar is a pic of mummy sandwich ..me in the middle with my babies around me :biggrin:

What a gorgeous family you have and yes you are lucky x

Such s fantastic time to make the move. So wish I'd done it when mine were that age x

I hope it`s going to be great! We are going to visit for the first time in July and will give them the first taste of Australia, see how they like it:biggrin:

I have a little girl who is almost 2 and a 16 week old boy who we've had to start on solids as he looks like a rugby player. I've never seen a banana disappear as quickly as the one we gave him two nights ago.

Our daughter was 6 months old when we came over and our little boy was born here in Melbourne.

We also have our two furry babies (chocolate labs) who we brought over from the UK with us.

Madam's favourite phrase of the day today, "Mummy, I'm not listening".

Archived