Returning to the UK- shipping a small load?

coolcat1966

Well finally after being here for 7 years I have decided to return to the UK. Combination of a few things but basically I don't get along with the Australian culture and since being here have made very few friends . Whilst the weather is great and the lack of crime etc has a lot of bonus points going for it, having lived in several other countries and always enjoyed a lively social life, this is the first place I have ever come across where I have had difficulty in doing so. Back to the UK for me I think!

Anyway enough of my ramblings, I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction regarding shipping items back to the UK.

Basically I will not be taking any furniture with me but do want to ship back some personal stuff-I estimate about 6 average size shipping/packing cases. Is there a company that will do this or do they only focus on larger items/container loads etc.

If anyone can recommend /suggest a company or any idea of cost it would be much appreciated

regards

Have you tried SevenSeas? We used them to move out here to Australia and we only had 6 boxes. They do worldwide shipping so I'm sure they can ship your things back to the UK for you. I found them very good, they provide the boxes and loads of bubble wrap and masking tape, as well as a pen to label everything with. Their prices are pretty good too, they offer both shipping via boat and plane, we took the boat option as it was a lot cheaper and although it takes a bit longer as long as you don't need your things as soon as you land then it shouldn't be a problem.

Seven Seas were great !! We used them to Bring 10 boxes to Oz and could not fault the service and price.

Have to wholeheartedly concur having used them USA to UK and UK to Oz. Seven Seas were fabulous and really affordable for me by far they drop off boxes and then pick em up idiot proof - I might have had less than you hell I know I did I always sell off everything except clothes books etc. Good Luck! (If I recall 2 tea chest sizes were something like $400-500 I may be well off on that here's the link

http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/#

I've used Allied Pickfords or Pickfords they are called in the UK when travelling back and forth, they aren't necessarily the cheapest but definitely couldn't fault their service or the way my things were handled.

• 1 month later...

Archived