27yr old girl looking for friends in Brisbane :)

Hey!

ive been in Brisbane now for 6 months and im just about to be sponsored so I'm looking for some new friends. Have actually found it hard so far to make Aussie friends as they don't seem to have the same sense of humour lol. I'm easy going, like to make people laugh, like a nice glass of wine in the evenings :) just looking for someone to share a bottle with at home watching a chick flick or go out for lunch and shopping :))

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Chloe,

I was just having a browse on the forum and came across this post. How have you been getting on?

I'm a 33 year old Aussie but lived in the UK for 7 years with my Brit hubby, so my 'possie' (that's half pom, half aussie) accent confuses most people! We moved to Brisbane last year and we too haven't found it particularly easy to form a good network of likeminded friends. I haven't lived in this area since I was a teenager so in many ways I feel like I have migrated to a new place, leaving behind a lovely group of girlfriends in the UK and am settling in for the first time!

I would be keen to catch up anytime. I live in the south of Brisbane and work in the city...give me a shout back if you're keen!

Brooke x

Hey

I am in my mid-twenties and moving to Brisbane from London by myself next month on a 457 Visa. My main concern is making new friends, so would perhaps be nice to catch-up. Whereabouts are you living at the moment?

S x

Hi S,

Exciting times...hope the move goes well next month! What type of work are you coming to Brissie for?

Definitely drop another post here when you arrive if you're keen for a catch up, hopefully Chloe will log back into the forum and will be keen to meet up too!

Brooke x

Archived