Arriving in Sydney August 2013! Looking for Companions!

First of all, sorry if this is in wrong place.

Ok lets begin, basically I'm coming to OZ on 21st August on a WHV, I'm landing in Sydney and really have no idea beyond my first week where/what I will be doing. The only thing i know is that i will need to get some work because I'm not taking enough $$$ to get by for a year without doing. If there is anybody that can point me in the right direction on this Forum/Site to any helpful information with regards to employment, hospitality, tips, guides, etc. It would be much appreciated or if you want to share your own personal stories.

Also if there is anybody else out there at around the same time as me, wether you are just landing or have been there for a long time already it would be good to meet up and go for a beer, to discuss travel plans/where you have already been etc.

I look forward to hearing from you guys! Cheers, Robbie!!

Hi Robbie

I'm arriving in Sydney on 14 August. Staying at Base for the first week and then looking for somewhere a bit more longer term. Also on a whv. I'm def up for going for a beer. I was in Aus last year for 6 weeks backpacking and going for longer now. You're gonna have a fab time.

Hey Robbie,

If ya looking for work why ya here, sign up to the TAW (Travellers At Work) website it's a awesome website. You pay $69 for 6 months or $120 for 12 months I think, I sign up and you choose which jobs you like and apply for them. I was working 2 weeks after I landed for a month then found a better job in QLD on there apply for that and got it been working in the Outback for 3 months. TAW sort out your bank account and Taxfile number for you as well.

Hope this helps mate there office is in Sydney as well and you can get free internet there.

Let us know how it all goes

Milo 52

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Robbie

I'm arriving in Sydney on 14 August. Staying at Base for the first week and then looking for somewhere a bit more longer term. Also on a whv. I'm def up for going for a beer. I was in Aus last year for 6 weeks backpacking and going for longer now. You're gonna have a fab time.

Hey Linnie! I land on 21st and im staying at Base! If you want, we can go for a drink! If your still in sydney after you leave base! PM me and well chat some more!

• 1 month later...

Archived