Dogs being stolen

nancy and paul

The dog theft thing is a hoax, perpetuated by gullible people on gumtree etc. posting old made-up warnings as if they're fact.

Well the one I saw this week (as mentioned in previous post) was on SA polices Facebook page appealing for any info, so I'm going to go with that one being genuine.

There have been a lot of Hoax reporting on attempts made to snatch a dog around south west Brisbane of late, a week or so ago someone wrote on Facebook saying the police had found a shed full of dogs near Ipswich, that had all been stolen and were to be used as bait dogs. Lots of people commented hoping their missing pet would be there and the police station was apparently in undated with calls, but sadly the police than reported that it was a hoax and no such 'shed' had been found.

I think people are right to be wary and careful where they leave their pets when they go out but its not something I'm personally 'on pins' about.

Cal x

• 2 weeks later...

Up here in FNQ it's going on (for dog fighting). A mate of mine had his dog taken last week. Me and the neighbors all have dogs and we've decided that from now on, if we hear one of them going off, rather than ignore it (which we generally do to be honest, or at best we may shout out for it to be quiet) we'll go have a look to see if anything's going on. If anyone tries to take my baby the last thing they'll see before the inside of a cell is the fat end of a baseball bat.

Archived