Hot sunny weather what are the benefits?

Guest The Ropey HOFF

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Ropey HOFF
Washing dries faster (forever practical me). Not that we're having any hot weather at the moment with it being winter and all that.

With my wife being laid up in pot after her operation, I have been doing everything in the house, cooking cleaning and the washing, for the first time and with this rare great summer we are having, I have put the washing out and it's dried very quickly, I can imagine it's difficult in winter, but winter doesn't last long in Australia.

Guest guest30085
Move south, tis grim upt north....fact.

We can't all live in Utopia (upon Avon) :daydreaming:

Youll be moving soon due to all the over-crowding. After all, you've promoted it that much, there will soon be in influx of migrants. Especially with your 'Wanted Down Avon' campaign .....:cute::wubclub:

Guest Guest26012
Wonderful thread Hoff.... shame that the usual pillocks couldn't refrain from trying to shoot it down..... enjoy your warm weather and hope Wifey is on the mend!

True! We must do that coffe soon x

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Wonderful thread Hoff.... shame that the usual pillocks couldn't refrain from trying to shoot it down..... enjoy your warm weather and hope Wifey is on the mend!

Cheers for that, she is slowly on the mend, it's too early to say just how successful her op has been, but fingers crossed she makes a good recovery. She managed to sit in the garden in the hot sunshine a couple of days ago and she said she felt a lot better having some sun on her face. Sunny weather definitely lifts your spirits, it's good for people's emotional well being, it's a scientific fact.

Cheers for that, she is slowly on the mend, it's too early to say just how successful her op has been, but fingers crossed she makes a good recovery. She managed to sit in the garden in the hot sunshine a couple of days ago and she said she felt a lot better having some sun on her face. Sunny weather definitely lifts your spirits, it's good for people's emotional well being, it's a scientific fact.

Certainly is Hoff.... get her out into the sun as much as you can and give her Vit D pills too as they are so helpful. Sending good vibes to Mrs Hoff.....x

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I think a long sustained spell of great weather gives the whole country, the ...... Feel good factor.

I think a long sustained spell of great weather gives the whole country, the ...... Feel good factor.

For some yes but for the old and ill it has not nice hoff, I have not enjoyed the heatwave at all, give me 20 to 25 anyday, I think most people are fed up with it now and want some cooler weather.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
For some yes but for the old and ill it has not nice hoff, I have not enjoyed the heatwave at all, give me 20 to 25 anyday, I think most people are fed up with it now and want some cooler weather.

We aren't geared up for it, no air on, no pools etc, don't worry the last time it was like this was in 1976 so the chances of have a long hot summer again here in the UK are very slim, even if they are predicting we might, they said ths summer was going to be a wash out again, like last year.

We aren't geared up for it, no air on, no pools etc, don't worry the last time it was like this was in 1976 so the chances of have a long hot summer again here in the UK are very slim, even if they are predicting we might, they said ths summer was going to be a wash out again, like last year.

Most people prefer normal summer temps, no one I know likes working in this oppressive heat unless they are like you retired and can spend their time in front of a fan on this forum.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Most people prefer normal summer temps, no one I know likes working in this oppressive heat unless they are like you retired and can spend their time in front of a fan on this forum.

I agree it's been too hot for most people, I'm lucky I've been hoff work for nearly three weeks looking after my wife thats why ive psted so mych, lol. I agree also i don't envy those who have had to work in it, but like I say it's rare this hapens, if it happened more we would get air con and a pool.

Air con... pools? Its only been 30ish... a bit more on a few rare days.

Love it.. absolutely love it. No air con for me, hate the stuff... I hate that I have to freeze in an office at work due to air con as soon as the temperature goes above 20.

I like normal summer temps 25 -30 does me and for the most part that is what we get in Melbourne.

There is an upside for having sunny days don't need vitamin D pills.

So many people are deficient in Vitamin D.

I like normal summer temps 25 -30 does me and for the most part that is what we get in Melbourne.

I cant believe how ill it can make you. I stopped taking mine when we had our heatwave but im back on them again

Really? Never heard that before, maybe that's why we are all dropping like flies in the UK.....bullshite.

This fear of the sun is making people sick..you actually are advised to get your lower legs, arms and face exposed to direct sun every single day to ensure your body makes enough vit d. Deficiency is common with sunscreen use so rife here. Theres a set number of recommended mins, I think its only 10 mins in summer if that....more in Winter but no sunscreen allowed!

Guest The Pom Queen
Really? Never heard that before, maybe that's why we are all dropping like flies in the UK.....bullshite.

You really don't know anything do you.

I always think people are happier when it's sunny however I could be mistaken lol xx

I wrote on another thread about my son. He's on a 3 month holiday at the moment and after being in the Greek Islands and then Croatia on boat tours for a couple of weeks he had a week in Manchester with relies and a week in London where he caught up with a mate. He went to Spain from there and skyped us from his hotel in Spain. He said he was glad to get out of the UK as most people were miserable and moaned all the time, that was when the weather was still bad. He's back in Manchester now and the weathers good. He says it's like being in a different place than when he was there a few weeks earlier. Everyones happier, more upbeat, going out more.

All because of the weather (and maybe the royal baby?).:cool:

Archived