Benefits of our climate.

Perthbum

Poms love a chat, so easy to make friends with poms - just start a conversation about the weather:laugh:. Where ever you are in the world or whatever nationality, if you hear a pommy accent you have a friend.

In a couple of months they'll be whinging about how cold it is. Drought? Its a joke isn't it?

its all light hearted banter mate, calm down!

TBH i see more whinging about uk weather from poms in oz than i do from poms in the UK. Its weird.

It is true that the weather in the UK in not as bad as people that live there think. I was there last September for 2 weeks. The first week was hot enough for me coming from e UK to be fine in a t-shirt. We then had one day of very heavy rain. Then clouded over with sunny spells. Still fine. But everywhere I went people commented how bad the weather was.

As a keen walker, I would also take a drop of rain / mist or even frost than 40c.

One of the stunning memories I have is going to the pub with friends in the December before we moved. Big roaring fire going and a very cold night. A fair few drinks, including mulled wines and good scotch later and came out to it snowing. Walking across the park, planting the first footprints in the snow and playfully throwing a few snowballs at each other. Bliss. I will take that any day of yet another 40c day.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
It is true that the weather in the UK in not as bad as people that live there think. I was there last September for 2 weeks. The first week was hot enough for me coming from e UK to be fine in a t-shirt. We then had one day of very heavy rain. Then clouded over with sunny spells. Still fine. But everywhere I went people commented how bad the weather was.

As a keen walker, I would also take a drop of rain / mist or even frost than 40c.

One of the stunning memories I have is going to the pub with friends in the December before we moved. Big roaring fire going and a very cold night. A fair few drinks, including mulled wines and good scotch later and came out to it snowing. Walking across the park, planting the first footprints in the snow and playfully throwing a few snowballs at each other. Bliss. I will take that any day of yet another 40c day.

After 8 months of no real sunshine and long spells of minus temps, like we had last winter, which went on into spring, it gets a tad annoying for most of us who live here.

Guest Guest26012
Yes, there is quite a difference in climate between the north and south. If i lived up north i'd probably be miserable too:laugh:

One of the reasons I came to Perth! :biggrin:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Yes, there is quite a difference in climate between the north and south. If i lived up north i'd probably be miserable too:laugh:

That was darn sarf, it was worse down there, especially the flooding last summer. :wink::yes:

Benefits.. My dogs prefer it, they dont cope with the heat too well usually. I think that heatwave there was starting to finish eric off quicker than he should.

I like wearing autumn type clothes. Scotland wouldnt be as green and nice without the rain

There really isn't a big difference in climate. The UK is a small bit of land, it hardly varies, a few degrees if that.

After 8 months of no real sunshine and long spells of minus temps, like we had last winter, which went on into spring, it gets a tad annoying for most of us who live here.

For you maybe hoff but apart from last year spring has come really early with birds nesting far to early and so dry dry winters and summers that we were in drought conditions.

Archived