Proof that you cannot beat the UK

Perthbum

Weather matters an awful lot to most people, otherwise there wouldn't be so many threads on here dedicated to it. 3 weeks of decent weather in the UK and suddenly it's the best place on Earth.

I really don't think this site is representative of 'most people'.......do you?

This site is for people who want to, or have emigrated......not the whole human race

Guest Guest26012

We usually went abroad in July/August because hubs had set holidays, we would have gone more in the winter months if we could have. But if the weather was good we went south to Cornwall, Devon with the caravan.

No one is going abroad this year which proves that the UK is the best place for a holiday.... Did anyone seriously ever drought it.:biggrin:

Deputy chief executive Howard Millar said there had been a "weakness" in late bookings this summer, which were normally "the cream" for Ryanair, as he blamed the hot weather keeping people from wanting to book a holiday abroad. He said average fares would have been almost 10% higher without the heatwave, adding: "Our cream will be a little thinner. We'll just have to get by."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2013/jul/29/ryanair-profits-hit-uk-heatwave

One thing ive noticed lately is how many are mooching off for weekends/long weekends away in Europe,all the lads off the site ive just finished went regular,funny enuf Benidorm was one of the most popular,ive never been,but me mate in work reckons its hard to get thru a hundred quid a day,thats food,the lot,he went recently with his wife,total for flights and 3 nights b+b was £250

We usually went abroad in July/August because hubs had set holidays, we would have gone more in the winter months if we could have. But if the weather was good we went south to Cornwall, Devon with the caravan.

Did you ever get to Clovelly or Boscastle Cow?loved it there

I do love the UK,but I also love packing,going to the airport,the flights,and then landing in aanother country,with a completely different culture.As much as I love Australia,I spent 30 yrs holidaying in that country,and yearned for some new experiences.!Travelling is one of our passions!Been to some truly amazing places.

You could stay in the UK and go to Scotland...........or Wales............or Bradford, and experience a totally different culture.

No one is going abroad this year which proves that the UK is the best place for a holiday.... Did anyone seriously ever drought it.:biggrin:

Deputy chief executive Howard Millar said there had been a "weakness" in late bookings this summer, which were normally "the cream" for Ryanair, as he blamed the hot weather keeping people from wanting to book a holiday abroad. He said average fares would have been almost 10% higher without the heatwave, adding: "Our cream will be a little thinner. We'll just have to get by."

Heard something similar last week referring to poor summer hols bookings this year....after last year, Olympics, Jubilee etc etc and lots deciding to stay at home the industry was expecting a bumper year this year for overseas hols but it hasn't happened, they blamed the good early summer weather.

Heard something similar last week referring to poor summer hols bookings this year....after last year, Olympics, Jubilee etc etc and lots deciding to stay at home the industry was expecting a bumper year this year for overseas hols but it hasn't happened, they blamed the good early summer weather.

If the UK had weather like this all the time no one would leave.

No one? Not one person? I thought Hoff was going abroad and my cousins have just returned from a holiday abroad too

Guest Guest26012
Did you ever get to Clovelly or Boscastle Cow?loved it there

No pabs, never went there. Croyde Bay, Bideford, Ilfracombe to name but a few.

No pabs, never went there. Croyde Bay, Bideford, Ilfracombe to name but a few.

Ahhhh Clovelly is gorgeous Cow,turn the sound off this,puts years on yer!

[YOUTUBE]aSOsQi2j2j0[/YOUTUBE]

Boscastles great too,i fell in love with the witch girl in the shop,didnt tell ex wife of course:wubclub:

#Fetish for girl dressed in a witches outfit moi:huh:,i blame Madelin Smith in the Hammer house of horrors:twitcy:#

[YOUTUBE]cFxRurrS2kk[/YOUTUBE]

Archived