Immigration Bus, advert saying, Go Home'

Guest The Ropey HOFF

How anyone can claim that this campaign is racist or border line racist is beyond me, it is aimed at anyone who is illegal whether they are black brown white or whatever, and if they are black and here illegally then they should go home or be made to go home the same as if they are white.playing the race card is just typical.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Claiming there is not a populist, racist action behind the move is typical of some. The thrust being of course to blunt the rise of UKIP.

How can asking illegal immigrants to go home be racist? If i were an illegal immigrant for example in an African country and they wanted me to go home then for me to claim it is on a racist basis would be absurd, it is simply because i am illegal not for the colour of my skin, it is to easy to throw around the racist card and is maybe one of the reasons we have some of the issues we have in Britain today.

How can asking illegal immigrants to go home be racist? If i were an illegal immigrant for example in an African country and they wanted me to go home then for me to claim it is on a racist basis would be absurd, it is simply because i am illegal not for the colour of my skin, it is to easy to throw around the racist card and is maybe one of the reasons we have some of the issues we have in Britain today.

Because it has no effect and puts further strain on community relations. How will it impact on illegals? They are hardly to raise their hands in submission. The several areas chosen in London are in areas of high non white populations. It's just as easy to throw the race card around to fool the mass equally. I am not against the removal of illegals just in a sensible way and not politicking in a something akin to crass in tone.

The problem I have is that people think that simply being born British gives them a sense of entitlement. If I employ someone I want to be able to hire the most suitable candidate, not simply the person who happens to have the correct passport or paperwork.

I don't have a problem with these signs. I bet there are plenty of Aussies in London that have seen them and are having a long hard think now.

And just how many illegal Aussies are illegal in your opinion in London? Do you really think plenty rather than a few?

UK immigration can be pretty hard on Aussie's entering. I know from personal experience using an Australian passport on entry as UK one had expired.

There has been a number of people of mixed race and from various other ethnic backgrounds on the news saying they don't have a problem with the sign- so who exactly does? The message is clear but the problem is some like to make something else out of it rather than focusing on the words in the message. Gone are the days when things do mean what they say. You will always get those who like to try and make something else out of it. The race card has been done to death I'm afraid. Yawn....How much longer can this be used. Facts are facts. Get over it 'PC Brigade'!

The problem I have is that people think that simply being born British gives them a sense of entitlement. If I employ someone I want to be able to hire the most suitable candidate, not simply the person who happens to have the correct passport or paperwork.

Yes and that's fine if they have the correct passport or paperwork, however if they don't you would be employing them illegally for which you should be arrested and dealt with as you are knowingly employing them and adding to the problem.

And the cheapest? How will you possibly know who is best? In UK you already have the pick of a lot of Europe. As well as Aussie and Kiwis on two year working holiday visas. Why would you want to drag the net further? Unless to exploit of course. There are sound reasons such laws exist. The European right to work for all countries came in far too early. Yet you would like it extended further.

Because it has no effect and puts further strain on community relations. How will it impact on illegals? They are hardly to raise their hands in submission. The several areas chosen in London are in areas of high non white populations. It's just as easy to throw the race card around to fool the mass equally. I am not against the removal of illegals just in a sensible way and not politicking in a something akin to crass in tone.

Maybe that's because that's where they know most illegals are living, it would be a bit daft to choose an area where they know that there are no illegals, just because they may be non white should not be an issue, if they are here illegally then that is that.

Maybe that's because that's where they know most illegals are living, it would be a bit daft to choose an area where they know that there are no illegals, just because they may be non white should not be an issue, if they are here illegally then that is that.

Unlikely when they don't even know whose in the country according to reports. The areas were picked well to have max effect. Could this all be in aid of alternative government motives? I refer of course to the introduction of ID cards. The punters will be begging for them to counter the so called illegals..

And just how many illegal Aussies are illegal in your opinion in London? Do you really think plenty rather than a few?

UK immigration can be pretty hard on Aussie's entering. I know from personal experience using an Australian passport on entry as UK one had expired.

I think you might be surprised how many are in London. A few years back when I used o spend a bit of time down here there were plenty of stories of people that had and were overstaying their visas.

they can also be pretty easy as well, I've had a bit of both, entering on my Aussie passport

Unlikely when they don't even know whose in the country according to reports. The areas were picked well to have max effect. Could this all be in aid of alternative government motives? I refer of course to the introduction of ID cards. The punters will be begging for them to counter the so called illegals..

I have an ID card and I'm white. It's my residence permit, a passport isn't enough these days, it has photos, finger prints and all your details stored on a chip. Basically an id card

Archived