Australia number one choice for Brits.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I think a lot of those people would just feel like that no matter what country they were in. Met a mixture of people who say they would love to move but then they actually wouldnt and others who say things like the spiders would stop them lol
spiders arghhhh lol actually alot will stay hahahah:wink: xx

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish that was my job, selling Australia to the masses, it would be an easy job to do.

would happily be your PA just so u know im excellent at sales, networking i love, attracting new clients no problem, and organising well thats my strength:wink: call me when your ready lol........oooo we would be minted, that vision of large villa by the sea with pool is in my sights haha

well..... poms in oz where asked and...

23% of expats say they had a better overall quality of life in the UK.

45% of expats say they are where happier living in the UK.

65% of expats say they earned more in the UK.

-

68% of expats say they have higher living costs in Australia than in the UK.

47% of expats say they have less leisure time in Australia than in the UK.

36% of expats say it is was better to raise their children in the UK.

63% of expats say the schooling is better in the UK.

-

46% of expats say their neighborhood is safer in the UK.

59% of expats say their healthcare was better in the UK.

I have to admit the "Aussie dream" is very well marketed.

I love the "theres nothing like australia" advert. Its definitely good at catching the eye. Im still not sure if i want to move there or if i just want to do a year or two there doing all the backpacker type stuff

I love the "theres nothing like australia" advert. Its definitely good at catching the eye. Im still not sure if i want to move there or if i just want to do a year or two there doing all the backpacker type stuff

Australia is a great place to explore as a backpacker. Unfortunatley its becoming too expencive for manny. Some are even resorting to food banks to eat.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Australia is a great place to explore as a backpacker. Unfortunatley its becoming too expencive for manny. Some are even resorting to food banks to eat.

Yeah cost puts me off a bit and i'd be scared i couldnt find work and had to come home after a few weeks lol. It doesnt seem to put backpackers off though, one girl from around here is over having a amazing time and a girl i worked with went over for a few months only but ended up with a job at melbourne uni. Obviously thats not a typical backpacker job tho

Yeah cost puts me off a bit and i'd be scared i couldnt find work and had to come home after a few weeks lol. It doesnt seem to put backpackers off though, one girl from around here is over having a amazing time and a girl i worked with went over for a few months only but ended up with a job at melbourne uni. Obviously thats not a typical backpacker job tho

When I did it,it was so much cheaper, I got there with about 30$ in my pocket in the 90s and lasted over a year bumming around. I remember backpacker hostels beeing inder $10 a night and a steak,jacket spud and salad being $4 in the bondi hotel.

Now with everything being so expencive its put the ausie adventure out of reach , that's a shame imo

When I did it,it was so much cheaper, I got there with about 30$ in my pocket in the 90s and lasted over a year bumming around. I remember backpacker hostels beeing inder $10 a night and a steak,jacket spud and salad being $4 in the bondi hotel.

Now with everything being so expencive its put the ausie adventure out of reach , that's a shame imo

Lucky you, that would of been good. I wish I had done it as soon as i was 18. Maybe i should do it before it gets even more expensive!

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I know a few who have done the backpacking and it's worked out just fine for them.

Most ex pats who have migrated think that their lives have been enhanced and a high percentage, just over 80% especially think the lives of their kids has been enhanced as well.

Lucky you, that would of been good. I wish I had done it as soon as i was 18. Maybe i should do it before it gets even more expensive!

Its still a great place to visit but because of the expence there is probably more work than play.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
How many more would love to come but are unable to gain visas?

I know a few

Quite a few have wanted to go at my prison and have asked me how I got the Visa hoping they could do the same, they were gutted when I told them it wasn't on the skills list and it was my wife's skill as a nurse.

I "think" Aus minimum wage is about 16/17 $ an hour?,thats what,about £10/11 an hour on uk rates?even allowing for the theory that Aus is dearer than the uk,you'd get by fine on that,as thousands do every year,im sure.

Do what your heart tells you to do,yer can over think things sometimes,and at your age you have plenty of time to correct any wrong choices girl

Quite a few have wanted to go at my prison and have asked me how I got the Visa hoping they could do the same, they were gutted when I told them it wasn't on the skills list and it was my wife's skill as a nurse.

Yeah seems a bit daft when I read posts about tradies, IT etc unable to gain employment but yet prison service is doing a big recruiting drive here at the mo. member on here just started with them this month.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Nine in 10 expats think they made the right choice in moving from the UK, which may be in part because of the austerity measures - which are causing financial pain to many in Britain.

The mood around the world is mixed, and the perception of future economic growth varies dramatically. For example, expats in China, Australia and the UAE are very confident about their financial future.

In contrast, those in European countries fear a much slower economic recovery. Europe is still subject to far greater economic concerns than countries elsewhere, with the bail-outs of Greece, Ireland and Portugal all combining to cause concern. Spain has not asked for help to shore up its economy, but there are still fears that this could happen.

It is encouraging to see that expats express self-assurance about their ability to triumph over the recessionary pressures which are causing uncertainty and cutbacks in many multi-national businesses. There is a marked difference in optimism between those expats based in Europe and those based elsewhere.

However, it is encouraging to see that despite these variations, the majority of expats present a reasonably confident view of their situation and future prospects.”

I "think" Aus minimum wage is about 16/17 $ an hour?,thats what,about £10/11 an hour on uk rates?even allowing for the theory that Aus is dearer than the uk,you'd get by fine on that,as thousands do every year,im sure.

Do what your heart tells you to do,yer can over think things sometimes,and at your age you have plenty of time to correct any wrong choices girl

Totally agree with this Pabs, that's more than enough for a single person with no ties or commitments to have a ball, depending where you go it would prob be more. My 17 yo doing unskilled work gets $23 a hour here in Perth, she finds it hard to comprehend what her mates back in the UK are getting on the minimum wage.

TBHif I was young again I would seriously consider just a month or so in aus and the rest backpacing in SE Asia. Better value IMO

I thought about going to asia at the end of the year instead of aus but im not sure i'd be very keen on going there alone. Although i suppose i'd meet people just the same as aus. Definitely much cheaper

Im sure i'd get on fine aslong as i found work quickly, thats just my worst nightmare since i havent had the best of luck with work over here. Just going to keep saving my wages and take it from there! Doubt i'll have enough for aus anyway, prob be a bit short of the funds immigration ask for but you never know!

Archived