Seeking advise

yoguibrown

Hi,

I would like to know, out of your experience(s), if you think it would be wise for someone in my position to take the immigration step or not.

I got a high IELTS score and a positive assessment from Vetasses and my occupation is listed on the SOL. and I have the required internationally recognized certification related to my field of work.

I am currently a group internal audit manager in a multinational company with 9 years of audit experience in international audit firms and I have gained throughout my employment period a wide exposure in over 20 countries in the middle east region, north africa and eastern europe.

I am aware that I will have to take a step backward in case I had the privilege to go to Australia. However, I am not sure whether the whole decision is a wise one or not.

Please advise,

YB

I am not sure what you mean when you say you are aware you will need to take a backwards step?

To be honest, I am not sure how anyone can advise you on this fundamental decision. Just because it has worked for many does not mean anything or provide any indication as to whether it will work for you. The first question is do you want to go to Australia, it isn't particularly clear that you do based on that one post.

It really depends what is important to you, when we moved 5 years ago we knew that career wise and financially we would be better staying put or at least going to Sydney or Melbourne rather than Perth but career and money were not that important to us, quality of life mattered more.

As it turned out, my career boomed in Perth (big fish, small pond - the Managing Director asked our external auditor whether other companies in Perth operated the way I was proposing, his answer was 'no but they should be', I was proposing improvements that were the absolutely norm in the UK).

Things are tougher now though and quite frankly I would be sitting tight for some time to come to see the impact Abbott has

A lot depends on whether your skills are completely transferable, if they are then once you get over the 'local experience' hurdle there really is no reason not to be working at the same level as you are now. If there different standards and legislation to become familiar with then that may be more difficult but it wouldn't be starting from scratch.

Hey Rupert, thx for the reply.

Well sure I am planning to go to Australia, I am applying for 189 subclass visa.

My question is how hard would it be for someone with a strong cv to find a job without having to start from scratch (i.e. junior level)

I didn't see that was your question in your first post, you seemed to be asking something much more fundamental.

I expect your ability to get a job, will be about the same as your ability to get a job now. Some people are better at that kind of stuff than others.

As to the need to start from scratch, I cannot even begin to comprehend why you would think that ... not the first time I have ever seen someone say it though I must admit, but I have never been able to get my head around that attitude. I think if you have the mindset that you will need to start from scratch, then you probably will...

Archived