Perth records the wettest September since 1923!

Que Sera Sera

Send some this way will you and stop keeping it to yourselves,lol,

My tanks are nearly empty, we haven't had a good downpour for what feels like months... I must admit im not complaining about our little heatwave at the minute though (especially as its the kids school holidays),lol, but i am willing to swap a little bit of sun for rain if you like,lol

Cal x

Guest Guest66881
got any proof for this outlandish claim???

wouldnt want bollox being bandied around as fact :wink:

No one touches my veg only Deb and the doctor:wink:

It's been bloody awful weather for what's seemed like forever.

I truely think if I had arrived within the last couple of months I would have been planning my escape by now..

We arrived on 30th August and have been met with constant wind & rain - coming from Scotland, the weather hasn't been a shock to us but its NOT what we signed up for or what was on the postcard so Mr Sunshine better hurry up and arrive!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ptp113

Long term residents of Australia know that you NEVER whinge about rain. Short term residents don't understand why...........

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Long term residents of Australia know that you NEVER whinge about rain. Short term residents don't understand why...........

Do you think it's a Pom thing? Lol

Guest The Pom Queen

To be honest up here is the only place I've lived where the locals say "Isn't it a lovely day" when its raining

We arrived on 30th August and have been met with constant wind & rain - coming from Scotland, the weather hasn't been a shock to us but its NOT what we signed up for or what was on the postcard so Mr Sunshine better hurry up and arrive!!!

Alan after the summer you'll be praying for the rain to come and for it to be cooler .. we don't have sunshine all the time.

No. Short term residents understand fully but have not yet fully accepted that the rain is a good thing due in part to the years spent battling drizzle. Give us a few more years...we haven't all been here donkeys years and some of us are sun seekers. We know rain is good..but prefer it at night please.

We got back from a month in the UK middle of September and people said how wet it had been whilst we were away. Everyone in the UK was saying how great a summer it has been and we had some decent weather while we were there, some grey days and some rain too though.

Just to put it in perspective I put the local weather report on my smartphone while we were there (Hyde) and could flick between the forecast there and Perth in a second. This was during "good" weather in the UK summer and "bad" weather in the Perth winter. More often than not the temperatures were about the same.

Since we've got back there has been a fair amount of rain but the weekends have been pretty good. Last weekend the forecast wasn't too good but it turned out great, especially Sunday.

Don't worry Alant, guaranteed few months where you might not see any rain at all and you will have great temperatures with clear blue skies for most of it. Starting next week I believe. I'll be in Townsville next week with work, it'll be hot there.

Archived