Perth records the wettest September since 1923!

Que Sera Sera

It wasn't that good. Take a stroll outside today.:cool:

Done so had a coffee sitting outside a café in the sun. 21 odd degrees very pleasant. Like I say Manchester I expect as other places in UK the folk are out enjoying it. Being in a place where it is more a case of being the norm doesn't tend to entice the same sense of pleasure.

It's a Pom thing to obsess about the weather. Seems to break down the barriers and words of no importance, in the sense of offending, can safely be said. Aussies can but to a lesser extent.

Opening chatting up lines I expect.

No way - thats all the Australians talk about. I havent ever heard so much useless air from mouths in my life since getting here. All they do is talk crap and small talk all the time for the sake of making noise.

Done so had a coffee sitting outside a café in the sun. 21 odd degrees very pleasant. Like I say Manchester I expect as other places in UK the folk are out enjoying it. Being in a place where it is more a case of being the norm doesn't tend to entice the same sense of pleasure.

Funnily enough I still get the same sense of pleasure that I did as a new immigrant 22 years ago.:cool:

Maybe that's where a lot of people go wrong, they get a bit blasé about what they have.:wink:

No way - thats all the Australians talk about. I havent ever heard so much useless air from mouths in my life since getting here. All they do is talk crap and small talk all the time for the sake of making noise.

I agree conversation is stilted and small talk is the norm, but disagree that Poms don't obsess about the weather. It is a trait that rain soaked isle is rather known for.

Funnily enough I still get the same sense of pleasure that I did as a new immigrant 22 years ago.:cool:

Maybe that's where a lot of people go wrong, they get a bit blasé about what they have.:wink:

Well maybe. I know I felt the enjoyment around me with far more intensity in London and Mainland. Parks full, shirts off, outside beer gardens doing a roaring trade, a lightness in mood, less clothing, less fear of sun, a more care less type attitude.

Archived