Update 10 months after returning to the Uk

blobby1000

Guest Guest 47403
Not quite true, WA is the power house of Australia .. You just live in a state that's a lot more forward thinking whilst WA is a state that likes to remain stuck in the past. As for the land of milk and honey..!! If you say so

I don't think you have quite grasped where wakey lives yet have you Paul?

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My GP opened his doors at 7.50 yesterday.......................bet ya don't get that in the UK :goofy:.............................mind you, I was at the front of the queue and still didn't get seen till 8.45..................Bet ya get that in the UK.

Note: change of location for those tired of hanging around supermarkets

Guest Guest 47403
My GP opened his doors at 7.50 yesterday.......................bet ya don't get that in the UK :goofy:.............................mind you, I was at the front of the queue and still didn't get seen till 8.45..................Bet ya get that in the UK.

Note: change of location for those tired of hanging around supermarkets

Ah mate don't get me started only seen a GP twice in the last 10 yrs and had a week wait for an appointment last time, good old NHS (not the fault of those on the shop floor by the way)

Guest Guest 47403
im neither old or child but I only wait a few days if that.

Right I've seen a Dr twice in 10 years, you have been back in the UK how long? I thought it was quite recent and you've been ill enough to need a Dr already :o should have stayed in Oz!

Right I've seen a Dr twice in 10 years, you have been back in the UK how long? I thought it was quite recent and you've been ill enough to need a Dr already :o should have stayed in Oz!

Rather rude do you not think? I came back from oz as I developed generalised anxiety disorder..hence yes having to visit the doctors here every two weeks!

Yo, Blobby! I wondered how things were going with you?

Your story mirrors ours in so many ways, apart from the fact we've been back a bit longer. I too have gone back to my old job but a lot has changed (the NHS want your blood these days) and after OZ, it feels like I work at 100mph most days. I do miss my aussie workplace quite a bit, very relaxed and a a good team BUT I just missed people too much. Having said that, when you've done the whole emigration thing, when you get back- it's never quite the same, and how can it be after going through all that? I'll be totally honest, me and my partner do miss bits of it and we have friends who are still there but they are thinking of coming back. Everyone said to me to go bk for a holiday then see how you feel...

I wish there was a way you could have the best bits from both countries but I guess we can't have it all. In some ways I wish I had never gone to Australia on holiday then I would of never been in this situation!!!! Lol. All part of life's rich tapestry I suppose.....On a positive note though- 2 nice holidays booked for next year to very diverse places which might have been more difficult and expensive to organise in Australia? It's that old cliché I suppose- you always look back with fondness at the good bits, but you have to remember the reasons that made you unhappy and want to return...

Good luck and all the best to you and yours. Keep us posted.

Yeehh but.....bet you all missed more things about England whilst in Oz than you do about Australia now your back ? So has to be the right choice :yes:

My GP opened his doors at 7.50 yesterday.......................bet ya don't get that in the UK :goofy:.............................mind you, I was at the front of the queue and still didn't get seen till 8.45..................Bet ya get that in the UK

It's interesting as my old local GP's practice

open their doors 2-3 times a week at 7am, stay open later one evening a week and had Saturday appointments (all pre booked appointments). Usual opening was 7.30am for clinic stuff, some doctors also were available from then for pre booked appointments.

I was able to have blood tests first thing in the morning as well as usual hours during the day. Was in having a needle stuck in my arm at 7am a few times.

Short notice (emergency) appointments were booked in same morning or afternoon. Called by 10am to get the morning emergency doc, between 1-3pm for the afternoon emergency clinic which ran from 4pm. This was Mon-Fri. Usually a bit of a wait but you had an appointment time and at least knew you'd see a doc within an hour if they were running late.

Weekends it was the walk in doctors clinic at the local hospital if it could not wait till Monday. We visited that a couple of times when our son was poorly. Seen quickly every time on weekends.

Nothing but praise for my old GP's practice in England. Really good community doctors.

Reading this quote again, you have very much annoyed me! How dare you question about me visiting the doctors! Oz was the whole point by which I developed anxiety disorder. Pipe down next time please! You are very quick to judge!

Guest Guest 47403
Reading this quote again, you have very much annoyed me! How dare you question about me visiting the doctors! Oz was the whole point by which I developed anxiety disorder. Pipe down next time please! You are very quick to judge!

PMSL Get over yourself sorry I annoyed you! That naughty place called Australia!

Guest Guest 47403
get over yourself, and sorry I annoyed you, contradict each other!? Not sure what you mean by naughty Australia???

Did you choose a career in order to get a visa?

:mask:

OK, I fail to see where this is taking us Baz and W&W. Its more a conversation between 2 people and it may be better in PM than out on the open forum if you want to argue or discuss further. Lets not get into personal stuff here please :biggrin:

Archived