Medical Examination - previous injuries

TeacherBen

Hi,

This is my first post so thanks in advance for any help!!! I've received a positive Skills Assessment from AITSL today - which is fantastic as I can now submit my EOI!!

I have a question regarding the medical examination - 4 years ago in January I broke my leg pretty horrendously playing rugby - snapped my femur, destroyed my cartilage and snapped my ACL and medial ligaments. I've had operations to correct it and fix it and I'm now playing rugby again. I've been back playing for over a year and a half but it took me a good 2 years to get back to playing again. I play front row (read in to that what you will regarding size) but am active. Does anyone have any experience of having issues with this kind of thing? or advice?

Thanks again for your help!!

Teacherben

Hi,

This is my first post so thanks in advance for any help!!! I've received a positive Skills Assessment from AITSL today - which is fantastic as I can now submit my EOI!!

I have a question regarding the medical examination - 4 years ago in January I broke my leg pretty horrendously playing rugby - snapped my femur, destroyed my cartilage and snapped my ACL and medial ligaments. I've had operations to correct it and fix it and I'm now playing rugby again. I've been back playing for over a year and a half but it took me a good 2 years to get back to playing again. I play front row (read in to that what you will regarding size) but am active. Does anyone have any experience of having issues with this kind of thing? or advice?

Thanks again for your help!!

Teacherben

hey

Well done on your AISTL. This won't be a problemIMO. I have a similar ACL issue and many a previous break through skiing and gymnastics and have had metal plates in the past. They are mainly interested in ongoing medications and treatment. On the guidance booklet for GPs who carry out the medicals they are given a list of acceptable chronic conditions and a list of others that require further information. The booklet is available on the immi site somewhere.

As long as you give them full information it will be fine.

Millie x

Archived