Help with Visa 189 - possible mistake!

TeacherBen

Hi guys,

I've just realised - on my EOI I said I had an Honours degree and didn't think anything of it- I have a BSc (Hons) degree - but I'm not sure that's what I means. It never gained me any extra points, but on my Visa Application I just but Bachelors degree.

First off, do you think this is potential grounds to refuse my visa? When I get assigned a CO is it worth explaining the situation, or should I just leave it?

Any help would be very much appreciated - I'm starting to panic a little as I've just found out this mistake!

Cheers,

teacherben :confused:

There's no real difference between a BSc and a BSc (Hons) in this situation and the points awarded for the qualification is the important factor, so I can't see it being an issue at all. Going from memory, I don't even think there is a drop down box for Bachelor (Hons) anyway.

Thanks guys! I'm still a little concerned - when I put honours degree into google it comes up with a one year research degree NOT to be confused with a British honours degree. Whilst I know it's hasn't given me any extra points, I'm still a little worried! We shall have to wait and see...

cheers

teacherben

After completing a bachelor degree some students will undertake an extra year of research/study to gain their hons. I'm sure you can't do it as a stand alone degree.

Ok, so when submitting your EOI what exactly did you enter? There should be a drop down box with the different qualification levels and then a field box to enter details of the course major/subject etc.

And then when making your application, what exactly did you enter in that same section?

Not 100% what you mean by field box but in the EOI I selected Honours degree and wrote BSc (Hons) Medical Sciences, and then in the visa application I selected Bachelors degree and wrote BSc (Hons) Medical Sciences. Yeah, I got 15 points for my degree qualification - it was assessed by AITSL.

An honours degree in Australia is a four year degree followed by one more year of study, five years in total.

I have a three year honours degree from the UK, but here it was assessed by the overseas qualifications unit as an ordinary degree.

Not 100% what you mean by field box but in the EOI I selected Honours degree and wrote BSc (Hons) Medical Sciences, and then in the visa application I selected Bachelors degree and wrote BSc (Hons) Medical Sciences. Yeah, I got 15 points for my degree qualification - it was assessed by AITSL.

No need to worry then, it will be fine.

Thanks for all your help guys :) one more thing - should I tell my CO when I get assigned one??

You won't know when you get a CO. When you do get one it will be to either query something or to send you for medicals, you don't need to tell them anything they don't ask for.

Archived