Visa 189

MaternityRegistrar

Hi everyone,

New to POMSINOZ but I find this forum very informative.I have applied for visa 189 at 65 points.My case officer has just asked for 2 outstanding documents though I had already uploaded everything.

1)
Work experience
-I had already uploaded my work experience certificate which I obtained from Ministry of health Saudi Arabia in March 2010(when I came to Australia in June 2010),this categorically states my entire work period of 8 years.I also gave them the present work experience certificate which I obtained from HUNTER NEW ENGLAND Health service where I have worked since September 2011,now my CO officer is asking for payslips,income tax returns etc?? presumably from Both KSA and Australia.Australia I can provide but KSA after 3.5 yrs is going to be difficult.

2)
Police clearance
from Saudi Arabia and India(my country of origin)-In the last 10 yrs I have not stayed in India For more than 4 months cumulatively and to my knowledge Police clearance from there is needed only if I stayed there for a cumulative period of one year.

It is already mentioned in the DIBP website that Saudi Arabia does not issue Police clearance certificates for foreign National not present in the country and I just have the Police clearance I had from Indian embassy in Riyadh when I came to Australia.

Sorry for the long story but my question is how to explain all this to the case officer ? and how technical can these points be in view the proofs that I have already provided the CO.
Please help with suggestions:unsure:

OK well to break that down.

Firstly regarding the employment evidence, you simply need to work through what you can produce. Reference letters are rarely enough by themselves, so it would have been sensible to think about what evidence you would need when claiming points. Why can't you get your payslips? How about bank statements? You are going to have to think and come up with something.

Regarding the police check, you are right it does say that it won't be possible to get the police check done but it mentions exit documents and a letter from your employer, so you need to get these organised.

Non-Saudi citizens

Currently non-Saudi citizens are unable to obtain a police certificate from Saudi Arabia. However, you will need to provide DIAC with a copy of your final exit document, and, if you were employed while in Saudi Arabia, a letter from your previous employer.

Regarding the Indian police certificate, well I thought they always wanted one from the country of your citizenship, in any case, if they want one they can ask for one regardless of any 12 month rule even if there were such a thing. Just organise it is my advise.

OK well to break that down.

Firstly regarding the employment evidence, you simply need to work through what you can produce. Reference letters are rarely enough by themselves, so it would have been sensible to think about what evidence you would need when claiming points. Why can't you get your payslips? How about bank statements? You are going to have to think and come up with something.

Regarding the police check, you are right it does say that it won't be possible to get the police check done but it mentions exit documents and a letter from your employer, so you need to get these organised.

Regarding the Indian police certificate, well I thought they always wanted one from the country of your citizenship, in any case, if they want one they can ask for one regardless of any 12 month rule even if there were such a thing. Just organise it is my advise.

Thanks for your reply Rupert,it is not 'reference letter' but a work certificate from Ministry of Health Saudi Arabia which has been attested by the Director General of Health and categorically states my period of contract,my position and the Hospital I worked in,on an official letterhead.

You need to supply evidence of paid employment, so try to get hold of any payslips, tax returns, bank statements, employment contract or even get the referee to include your annual salary on the reference/statement of service.

For the police clearance, you could email the case officer and mention specifically that you have not spent more than 12 cumulative months in India within the last 10 years and ask for clarification whether they still want a police clearance in this instance. You'd be surprised how often they overlook this. They do have the discretion to ask for one, so if they confirm they want one you will need to supply it. Then refer the case officer to the non-Saudi Citizen issue, the evidence you've already supplied and again ask for clarification if they require anything else.

You need to supply evidence of paid employment, so try to get hold of any payslips, tax returns, bank statements, employment contract or even get the referee to include your annual salary on the reference/statement of service.

For the police clearance, you could email the case officer and mention specifically that you have not spent more than 12 cumulative months in India within the last 10 years and ask for clarification whether they still want a police clearance in this instance. You'd be surprised how often they overlook this. They do have the discretion to ask for one, so if they confirm they want one you will need to supply it. Then refer the case officer to the non-Saudi Citizen issue, the evidence you've already supplied and again ask for clarification if they require anything else.

Thanksfor your reply Adam,I am a bit hesitant to contact the case officeras they clearly say that too much contact emails should be avoided.Asyou have mentioned above,my employment was definitely a paid one asministry of health in KSA does not employ people withoutpay,furthermore, the salary payment was to my bank account and I didnot get any payslips,it is not easy to get account statements fromKSA once outside the country.I do have the yearly contract renewalcopies which also state my salary,wonder if that will work?

Thanksfor your reply Adam,I am a bit hesitant to contact the case officeras they clearly say that too much contact emails should be avoided.Asyou have mentioned above,my employment was definitely a paid one asministry of health in KSA does not employ people withoutpay,furthermore, the salary payment was to my bank account and I didnot get any payslips,it is not easy to get account statements fromKSA once outside the country.I do have the yearly contract renewalcopies which also state my salary,wonder if that will work?

You would be responding to a request, it's not a frivolous email. A lot of the requests we receive are dealt with by referring the case officer to the relevant legislation or information that may have been overlooked. It doesn't waste time, it saves it.

Yes the contract renewals which state the salary are likely to be acceptable.

You would be responding to a request, it's not a frivolous email. A lot of the requests we receive are dealt with by referring the case officer to the relevant legislation or information that may have been overlooked. It doesn't waste time, it saves it.

Yes the contract renewals which state the salary are likely to be acceptable.

Thanks for your reply Adam,I would think that payslips and bank accounts would be needed for some one who has changed jobs, done locums and worked in private companies etc.I have worked in government jobs both in India and Saudi Arabia and that too a municipal corporation of Delhi(MCD) and Ministry of health job and also have a work/ experience certificate from both these places on official letterheads attested by the concerned authorities.These experiences have been taken as suffecient for my registration here in Australia.

Any way thanks for your reply and Merry Christmas to you!!:smile:

Archived