UK Trip In Pictures

Johndoe

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest16631

........the chapel is my favourite......

........you can almost ...feel......the atmosphere.....

.........brilliant.......!

........the chapel is my favourite......

........you can almost ...feel......the atmosphere.....

.........brilliant.......!

Thanks, but wait till you see the cathedrals......................indoor shoots were ok as you knew what light you had to deal with, but the outdoors :arghh:..............it was grey and rainy most of the time so not much you can do about it.

Guest Guest16631
Thanks, but wait till you see the cathedrals......................indoor shoots were ok as you knew what light you had to deal with, but the outdoors :arghh:..............it was grey and rainy most of the time so not much you can do about it.

.......the inside shots would be my favourites anyway...lol...!

.......I love the feeling sat in the quiet......

........they have a peace and safeness ime.....

.........shame about the weather spoiling photos.......but I guess experiencing the change was at least an experience...!

..........and I too would like to thank you for sharing them........tink x

Doesn't seem to have changed much since I was there.....

Whats 10 years when an object has been in the same place for 600?

No pictures of the Wacky Warehouse!

I was waiting for someone to ask that:laugh: I think it looks like pb walking behind the singers to the right of the phone boxes :wink:

Great pictures by the way JD

Im sure there are some shots of the grittier side of the uk too...wacky warehouse...awesome when youve got rug rats...bet you miss alll that Dan

We only had one rug rat there HH and he was 18 months old when we immigrated so didn't use them much.

The kids had a birthday party last Friday at one in Frankston though.

I didn't see them for two hours and got in a bit of light reading on a short stay in Sydney.

We are chasing some warm weather you see. I sound like I did when living in Dewsbury now....

Great shots Kev. Are you back home? If so...have you scratched the itch?

Well and truly Fi.......................now got everything into perspective......................love the UK, and in particular, the photo opportunities, but when all's said and done, it is only a hobby and doesn't put bread on the table. My head is here, and my heart is in the UK I guess...................Bridget loves her work, Josh loves his uni and his mates, and Oz has given Jake a job, and a future, that he would have had little chance of securing in the UK............if they're happy, then that'll do for me.

I went to Shakespears birth place when I was about 10 , was telling mrs tonyman about it only 2 week ago .........we have a replicar of his home here in WA "the Elizabethan Village " have had a few good meals there ...............and odd pint.....

surely this cant be the middle of a pommie winter ?

Bitterly cold when we took the first shot but beautiful when the sun rose....................Jake was whingeing that he needed a hat and scarf when we arrived there at 6 pm....................the only store open was debenhams ...................he spent 100 quid on hat,scarf and gloves!..................the hat was harris Tweed though...................one of those Russki types that seem so popular..................hardly had it off the whole time there as he loved the feel of it..................I got a woolen "Ecuador type" one from the pound shop, the following day:-)

Glad you have had a good time and managed to avoid the horrific weather many parts of the UK have endured this past few weeks.

Yes, we were lucky........we seemed to be "running with the weather"....................in the clear band at each stop and leaving just as the bad arrived..................we only had one night of frost but we did get drizzle most of the time.

Archived