Last week's heatwave

fensaddler

Yes it was hot, for four days but does everyone really need to go on about it now that more than a week has passed? I'm in no way singling anyone out, I have read mulitple references to it in the news all this week. Now it is back to normal, highs of 19C here in Melbourne today, strange how no one seems to mention that 90% of days that are on a par with the UK weather wise.

Guest Guest16631
Yes it was hot, for four days but does everyone really need to go on about it now that more than a week has passed? I'm in no way singling anyone out, I have read mulitple references to it in the news all this week. Now it is back to normal, highs of 19C here in Melbourne today, strange how no one seems to mention that 90% of days that are on a par with the UK weather wise.

.......and now some who did struggle have been given some ideas for copeing......!

........and why comment on the norm....?

........it's the unusual and challenging that cause comment........ime.....of course......tink x

Well for us it is NOT over it is about to start again. If you dont want to hear about the heat dont read the information

Trust me, I'm sick of hearing about it but it's near impossible to avoid, it's still mentioned on TV, in newspapers, by people at work...all completely out of context too. For example I was reading about the tennis in yesterday's paper and the opening paragraph was about how hot it was 7 days earlier. Bush fires aside, which of course are terrible, I fail to see the need for such hysteria, we should be able to cope with 4 days of 40+ weather. And if people really do find it difficult spare a thought people in the world who live under such conditions every day, or asylum seekers locked up in Nauru with no air con, no fridge full of cold drinks, or freezer full of ice cream etc.

Guest Guest16631

.......goodness.......turn off the tv ...put down the paper......

.......and go out and enjoy the beautiful weather while its not too hot....

........I find if I look for the positives.....

........and the joy in life.......

..........there always there..

...........of course we have sympathy for those suffering...........but our misery will not help them....

............do something if you can......

............you feed the hysteria by participating.....

.............don't watch it......don't read it......

..............but allow others to find a solution if they need one.........tink x

.......goodness.......turn off the tv ...put down the paper......

.......and go out and enjoy the beautiful weather while its not too hot....

........I find if I look for the positives.....

........and the joy in life.......

..........there always there..

...........of course we have sympathy for those suffering...........but our misery will not help them....

............do something if you can......

............you feed the hysteria by participating.....

.............don't watch it......don't read it......

..............but allow others to find a solution if they need one.........tink x

Well said Tink ! i feel for those who suffer in these conditions to but there is little we can do except partition our Government to help which generally falls on deaf ears. Not to bad here today and as you said loving the change while it lasts. Picking bucket loads of fresh tomatoes, re potting plants etc, but the reality is i dont cope with the heat so i needed to find a solution before Monday and thanks to you i did.

My evap is struggling to get the temp down below 27 though only 32 outside. Humidity is what evap doesn't deal with well. Humid today in Perth

Yep thats what we found. Despite what "some" may think, i find the heat wave issue interesting from the perspective of "is our climate changing" some say yes and some say no, but going back many years to when i was in school it was taught that if the world "over heats" it can trigger a mini ice age and one has to wonder if that is the start of what we are seeing in the US and Canada. Sorry Grahamffc, i have no intention on limiting my search for knowledge or information on this subject simply because some find the information annoying.

Archived