Re: Parental consent

crisstej070107

We are already in Australia on 457 visa. At the time of processing this visa (respectively last year) I was asked to provide parental consent from my ex in order to have visa granted for my children (Form 1229), which I did.

Question: BY THE THE TIME OF APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCY (probably next year), WILL I NEED A FRESH CONSENT OR THE ORIGINAL OLD ONE WILL SUFFICE?

Thanks for reading and answers, if any.

We are already in Australia on 457 visa. At the time of processing this visa (respectively last year) I was asked to provide parental consent from my ex in order to have visa granted for my children (Form 1229), which I did.

Question: BY THE THE TIME OF APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCY (probably next year), WILL I NEED A FRESH CONSENT OR THE ORIGINAL OLD ONE WILL SUFFICE?

Thanks for reading and answers, if any.

It depends on what was ticked in Section A of Form 1229. If the tick was for "temporary visit" then a further consent would be needed. If the tick was for "permanent residence" or "both" then no further consent form should be needed. However, one presumes that if consent was sought and freely given the first time, it would be possible to get a further consent, especially if the children are settled.

Archived