Is ACCA recognised in Australia?

Guest nastasia

Guest nastasia

Hi, i am an accountant and I have the ACCA qualification from the UK. Does anyone know if I need to follow more courses or sit for more exams to work in Australia?

Hi, i am an accountant and I have the ACCA qualification from the UK. Does anyone know if I need to follow more courses or sit for more exams to work in Australia?

To work as an accountant in Australia, no qualifications are required.

Guest nastasia

I have read that to become CPA or ICAA member, i need to follow courses and sit for some exams. I want to know which courses and exams to sit for?

Full membership of the ACCA is recognised in Australia. I have just had my ACCA qualification positively assessed by the ICAA to enable me to apply for a Visa.

Guest nastasia

Yes for immigration recognized. But employers do not recognize ACCA! So its difficule to get a job or move up the ladder from what i've heard. And if you want to become ICAA or CPA you have to do the whole program again . Just want anyone to share any experience on this, how true is this?

Yes for immigration recognized. But employers do not recognize ACCA! So its difficule to get a job or move up the ladder from what i've heard. And if you want to become ICAA or CPA you have to do the whole program again . Just want anyone to share any experience on this, how true is this?

You won't have to do the whole programme again, but you may have to sit a couple of exams.

I know CIMA have reciprocal agreement with CPA which makes it very easy for CIMA qualified's. Not sure ACCA have similar with ICAA.

What could make it more difficult is if you used any exemptions instead of passing exams.

Just curious who told you this information? When I visitied Oz a couple of years ago I went to see a number of recruitment agencies and none of them indicated that ACCA was not recognised.

Guest nastasia

From some forums online and from account friends already in australia. They say ACCA is not very well recognised

I think its a bit brash to say its not recognised, ACCA is a globally recognised accountancy qualification, and not many employer is going to ask an ACCA to start all their examinations from scratch again.

If it was that unrecognised, you simply wouldn't be able to get a PR visa on the basis of being ACCA qualified. I'm sure there probably are a few stray employers who wouldn't interview a candidate on their basis of it not being an aussie qualification - but that will be the minority, not the majority. Maybe your friends have either been unlucky, or blaming their inability to get a job on their qualification rather than perhaps a difficult job market where they are located.

Archived