2 Months to go

Rossedwards1

Hi everyone ,

Arriving in oz in 2 months time from the uk , arrive in Melbourne and just looking for advice on where to go and what to see afterwards , I was planning on doing cairns to Sydney ?? Good trip to do at this time of year or not so good ?? on my own Aswell so if anyone is Aswell bit nervous bout the big move send me message :)

cheers everyone

Good luck on your big adventure. I went on my own at 24, back in 'pre-historic' times, ie. 1978! Have you fixed up somewhere to stay, or are you waiting until you get there? Might be worth joining the YHA before you leave, and maybe booking a week at a hostel in the city?

I stayed in a YHA hostel at Central in Sydney a few years back, whilst I was waiting to move back into my flat. There was a young Irish guy in the same room as me, on his first night in Australia. He's been here four years now, and had a great time.

Do you follow an English football team, especially an EPL one? There is often a pub where the fans gather, and that is one way to get straight in to meeting some people. Come to think of it, some of my fellow Spurs fans are meeting tonight for a pre-season 'jolly.' I can't think of the name of the pub - Porterhouse! That's it, corner of Riley and Campbell or Goulburn Sts. I can't go as I'm still recuperating from my op.

Come with a positive attitude and you are sure to have a great time!

Archived