Ielts - which course?

steven106

Currently trying to get everything together so i can lodge my application, i am currently in leeds uk, and to give me the extra 10 points i need to do a ielts exam, which course is the australian visa one? Academic ? or general training,

Who has done the exam was it pretty straight forward, i can read and write and spell ok, just worried about getting this part done.. Also do you recommend any help before the test i.e, books, cd practice etc..

many thanks steve

For points, all you need to do is the General version. Academic is only ever required if you need it for skills assessment and the assessment authority for your occupation requires Academic.

Definitely do some study before the test - it's very much a case of knowing what they're looking for in each component. Some native speakers with good English skills still have trouble getting good marks in one or two components because they haven't approached a particular component the right way.

For points, all you need to do is the General version. Academic is only ever required if you need it for skills assessment and the assessment authority for your occupation requires Academic.

Definitely do some study before the test - it's very much a case of knowing what they're looking for in each component. Some native speakers with good English skills still have trouble getting good marks in one or two components because they haven't approached a particular component the right way.

ok perfect is only for points, my skills assessment is going through as a solid plasterer and not asked for english so it should be all good cheers

Archived