Shipping to Australia

olly8

Hi All

Firstly I am not sure if I am actually allowed to write a message such as this - if I am not then I apologise to those concerned but I can assure you there is no malice intended.

Basically to cut a long story short I am in the process of applying for residency in Australia as my wife's family live in Brisbane, my father originates from Sydney and to be honest I fancy the change! Have had enough of the grey skies.....

I am a 50% shareholder and director in a successful logistics business based next to the Port of Felixstowe for Seafreight and warehousing and we have an office in Heathrow focusing on airfreight. The business is the main reason I have been able to pass the skills assessment for the VISA and everything is slowly falling into place - Frustratingly I am in the EOI stage which is taking a while but I am assured it is a matter of 'when' not 'if'

My long term plan is to open an office in Brisbane as part of my current set up, move over there with my wife and young family and I run the Australian office or branch whatever you want to call it. Before this happens I am actively looking at increasing my business to and from the UK/Aus trade lane to make things easier and also meaning I need to be going over regularly on business before any potential move.

Whilst we have shipped cars and caravans and have global partners who we have worked with for many years including every major port in Australia we have never really dipped into the personal effects market - we have never really needed to to be honest but personally this is an area I am now keen to look at.

After signing up for this site to get general information on my own situation and the questions I have it on possible emigration it dawned on me that I might be able to assist people here who probably know little about shipping and logistics whilst at the same time increasing my business on a trade lane that will be of a benefit to me personally. Without a doubt there can be some synergies and mutual benefit for both parties.

What I will give anyone who would be interested to discuss any movements is 100% honesty and assurances that I would be involved at all times - this is my own business and my own personal mission to move to Australia so I am sure I could help you whilst helping myself if it was of interest.

Rather than put my company details on this message which might not be allowed I guess the best way to contact me is to PM me if anyone is interested - hopefully the above is all ok and I am not seen to be plugging something I shouldn't be but as a few of you guys are in a similar situation to me just further down the line I am positive I can help you if you wanted me to look at anything for you to be shipped or sent by Air to Australia.

Many thanks for your time and hopefully hear from you at some stage soon.

Olly

Archived