Mums in Rozelle/Balmain?

Guest leonierussandevie

Guest leonierussandevie

Hi - new to this!

I've just moved from Brighton to Rozelle in Sydney with hubbie and daughter Evie, aged one, and wondered if there were any mums out there who fancied meeting up?

Anyone recommend any toddler/play groups in the area? Also want to find a good swimming class for Evie.

Its feeling a bit weird at the moment so it would be great to meet some fellow Brits who can educate me!

Hi

My name is Ky. I'm originally from Oz but have been living in the Uk since my teens for over 10 years, since having my baby my husband and i have decided to move to Balmain and i would also like to meet other mums in that area and attend some toddler groups, swimming classes ect. We are hoping to be there by November time so would be great if you could let me know how your settling in ect, maybe keep in touch. Hope all is going well with you there! Ky

• 1 month later...
Guest noonie

hi, i stumbled upon this thread and thought i would reply with my slight knowledge.

we live in lilyfield - and find the lilyfield playgroup a good run around & play (tues / wed & fri 10am to 12pm, corner of cecily & oneil st) its $2 for a visit and can also be a bit crazy with alot of little ones around. I am told there is one at the pcyc in balmain but a friend mentioned it was not as friendly as the one in lilyfield.

We attended swimming classes at the leichhardt pool, they run for 30mins and are quite good - but at the moment my husband is taking our son for a swim on the weekend for some exciting dad time :) He is going to join a saturday morning class next term, which should be starting around august ... i think ...

Apart from those two activities I am not sure about anything else. I am starting to look into a music group or similar to fill up our weeks, but these are also mid term. And thankfully going to the park when the rain lets us. And hooray for the selection of parks around the area. It seems to be built for the little people.

We moved here last year from 7 years in London (NZers) and slowly settling into our new home, and its starting to feel like home. If you want to meet up send a msg. My son is 15months old. Else ask any more q's if you have any :)

• 1 year later...
Guest michellebarker

Hi, I am Australian but have been living in the UK for about 8 years and my husband is British. Our daughter was born over there and we have just returned to Oz and are moving to Rozelle. Would love to meet up with other Australians / Brits in the area! My daughter is 16 months.

• 3 months later...
Guest jeninoz

Hi, I moved to Australia a couple of years ago and am living in Rozelle. I have a 3 year old daughter and 2 month old son. I would love to get to know other mums in the area.

• 1 month later...
Guest katedavies

Hi, I'm from London and my husband and 2 year old daughter have just moved to Sydney and although we have been in Balmain for about 6 weeks now we'd like to meet more people. I tried the playgroup at the pcyc and it wasn't that friendly and it would be great to meet other people (especially other brits who know how hard it is to move here!) and perhaps find other things to do other than go to the swings!

• 3 months later...

Hi I have just moved from Leeds to Balmain with my husband and 2 1/2 year old son and would love to meet other mums in the area. I will be looking for full time work so won't be around much in the week though.

Guest missdhillon

Hi ladies, I've just moved here to Balmain from London too. I have a 20 month old son and am keen to meet other mums in the area. I'm contactable on missdhillon@hotmail.com if anyone wants to arrange something or there is something going on that I can join in?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ZuberMum

I've just settled in Balmain from London too, with a 3 year old. Just discovered how long the waiting lists are for childcare, so looks like I'll be a full-time Mum for a while and would very much like to meet up with other Mums here for both my, and my son's sanity.

Anyone fancy meeting up for a play in the park?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, moms

I just moved over to Balmain from London and loving it!in London I worked as a Maternity Nurse and I started to look for a job over here! So if any of you are expecting a newborn or need an extra pair of hands occasionally with an older baby I am here to help!

My references speak for themselves but I have done lots of troubleshooting, guidance on routine, breastfeeding advice, sleep training!!

I am very easy going,flexible and just understand what a mom needs just after the birth!!

If you would like to find out more just inbox me your name and number and I ll get in touch with you!

Warm Regards,

Anita

• 3 months later...
Guest bigcurlybonse
Hi, I'm from London and my husband and 2 year old daughter have just moved to Sydney and although we have been in Balmain for about 6 weeks now we'd like to meet more people. I tried the playgroup at the pcyc and it wasn't that friendly and it would be great to meet other people (especially other brits who know how hard it is to move here!) and perhaps find other things to do other than go to the swings!

hi there, we moved to balmain last week...!!

hubby at work now, so just trying to check out if there are any other mum's around this area....

great parks, but the 'balmain set' not as friendly as i had hoped....

any hints or tips on where to go/meet up (like playgroups etc), would be most grateful....

have a 3.5 yr old daughter and 4 month old boy - all going a bit stir crazy now!!

Guest ZuberMum

Hi there,

Unfortunately I'm about to head back to London, but Sandy (missdhillon above) has been fantastic keeping a little group of poms abroad sane. Either email her, or drop in to the Nicholson Street playgroup, East Balmain around 3ish for a sane chat and safe play.

Suzie

Guest sbills
hi there, we moved to balmain last week...!!

hubby at work now, so just trying to check out if there are any other mum's around this area....

great parks, but the 'balmain set' not as friendly as i had hoped....

any hints or tips on where to go/meet up (like playgroups etc), would be most grateful....

have a 3.5 yr old daughter and 4 month old boy - all going a bit stir crazy now!!

Hi,

I came accross this site while googling for playgroups in Balmain. Whilst not actually a Pom, I am new to the area! I was wondering how you went? Did you find a good playgroup? I have 2 girls (3 and 6 months) and really need to organise some social interaction for my older girl.

Sandra

• 2 months later...
Guest Anakids

Hi

I also found this site while looking for playgroups in Balmain. We have just moved here with a 5month old and 2 1/2 year old. My husband is from the uk although we haven't been living there - we have come from perth (does that count!?)

Just wondering if anyone has had success with friendly playgroups? I'm keen to meet mums in the area with similar aged kids.

Thanks!

Anastasia

Guest sbills

Not much luck so far. I am going to try out the Little Nicholson Playcentre sometime in the next couple of weeks though. They have an annual membership or you can buy visit passes (which I did), if you want to try it out before you join.

Sandra

Guest Anakids

Hi Sandra

Thanks, I will look into this. If you would like some company to go along to the playcentre, or would like to go to the park so the older kids can play, let me know :-)

Anastasia

Guest jeninoz

Hi,

I have found that Glitter Kids on Balmain Road in Rozelle is a good place to take the children (my two are 4 an 16 months). If anyone is interested, I am going there on Thursday morning at about 9.30am and would be pleased to meet up with anyone else.

Thanks, Jenny

• 5 months later...
Guest Helencurran

Hi, I am arriving in a week and looking forward to meeting some other mums in Rozelle/Balmain. Happy to pull together a communal email address so we can all get in touch, drop me your email to Helencurran1@gmail.com and once I have a few I will email everyone so we can hopefully arrange something.

Hi, can I join this thread? Although I don't have any kids I am in Balmain and been here since January and also at a loose end whilst looking for work and hubby at work. So if any of you guys would like to meet up for an adult lunch/coffee PM me and we can arrange something.

Guest missdhillon

Hi everyone

There are a few of us mums (Irish, Australian, English, American ) who go to thurs and Monday morn playgroup in Rozelle and to the Little Nicholson St play centre

Thurs and Monday playgroup is behind the Rozelle neighbourhood centre (near Victoria road /darling st junction) next door to Rozelle public school) from 10-12noon.

Do come along. We also go to little Nicholson st and meet in various playgrounds etc

Do email me on missdhillon@gmail.com if you'd like to join us one day -we all know how hard it is arriving and trying to find things to do with kids!

Sandy

Guest pearl11

Hi, I don't know how long this thread has been up but I am also new to the area, I have a 16mth old and a bub due next week (arghh). Wondering if there are mums in the Rozelle/Lilyfield/Balmain/Leichhardt area who wanted to meet up and try the local playgroups/library sessions or just get out for a walk/coffee?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Helencurran

Hi

We moved to Sydney 3 weeks ago so gradually getting use to the area. I have a 18 month old called Oscar, if you fancy meeting up we are around Tuesday and Thursday afternoon

H

Guest Amy1234

Hi there

im in Balmain and have a 4 month old daughter. Keen to catch up with friendly mums in the local area.

Amy

Guest pearl11
Hi, I don't know how we arrange to meet up without posting personal details online? i have both your messages and I am keen to get in touch...how does it this message thing work?

Guest pearl11

Ah Amy I have just posted a reply for you below but I don't know how to arrange or give my personal details to you without the rest of the world knowing!

Archived