visa 489 to visa 887, main applicant in OZ while other in overseas???

archimylife1279

Hi all,

please bear with me to quickly brief my background to start my question : I am the main applicant of visa 489 and my wife and new born baby have visa 489 subsequent entrant visas. I am working alone in OZ as my wife has to take care of baby overseas. They have never come to OZ under 489 subsequent entrant visa.

Now i have fulfilled all requirement to apply visa 887 but I stuck in half way of application specifically in partner section. The system detects that my wife is not in OZ and asks me to put her in non-accompany dependent. Actually before I apply visa 489 subsequent entrant for them, I have asked Immi help line regarding the location of applicants when applying 887 visa. The answer I have from them is the location doesn't matter for visa 887 application. So my question are,

1. If my wife and my baby are in non-accompany dependents in this 887 application, will they be granted 887 visa as well when my 887 visa granted? If not, do they need to apply another PR visa for themselves? what will be the visa subclass?

2. We have paid 2nd instalment to my wife 489 subsequent entrant visa as she is too busy on taking care of baby to study English nor taking Ielts exam. Do we need to pay 2nd instalment again when applying 887 visa?

If there is better way for out family reunion, please advice. It will be much more appreciated.

Hi all,

please bear with me to quickly brief my background to start my question : I am the main applicant of visa 489 and my wife and new born baby have visa 489 subsequent entrant visas. I am working alone in OZ as my wife has to take care of baby overseas. They have never come to OZ under 489 subsequent entrant visa.

Now i have fulfilled all requirement to apply visa 887 but I stuck in half way of application specifically in partner section. The system detects that my wife is not in OZ and asks me to put her in non-accompany dependent. Actually before I apply visa 489 subsequent entrant for them, I have asked Immi help line regarding the location of applicants when applying 887 visa. The answer I have from them is the location doesn't matter for visa 887 application. So my question are,

1. If my wife and my baby are in non-accompany dependents in this 887 application, will they be granted 887 visa as well when my 887 visa granted? If not, do they need to apply another PR visa for themselves? what will be the visa subclass?

2. We have paid 2nd instalment to my wife 489 subsequent entrant visa as she is too busy on taking care of baby to study English nor taking Ielts exam. Do we need to pay 2nd instalment again when applying 887 visa?

If there is better way for out family reunion, please advice. It will be much more appreciated.

Have they validated the 489 visas?

Based on this.... I would assume the answer is no.

Thanks for the reply. But why did immi help line told me wrong answer! On the website, it only mentions Me, the main applicant need to be in Australia. Never mentioned the location requirement for additional applicants, that's why I gave them a call. Regarding the 2nd instalment t fee, please see attached images extract from immi website. I assume we don't need to pay 2nd instalment fee agIn for 887 visas even she doesn't have functional English evidence

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The website doesn't only mention you. Under Visa applicants > Who could get this visa, it says:

You might be able to get this visa if you:

• are in Australia

Everyone included on the visa application is an applicant so in the absence of any exclusion relating to secondary applicants, this also includes any secondary applicants. If secondary applicants were excluded from the requirement, it would say so.

"But why did immi help line told me wrong answer!" Because DIBP is there to process visas, not to give advice. The 'Help' line is notorious for providing wrong answers - the people you speak to are not experts on every aspect of every visa. If you want an answer from an expert, consult a good, MARA registered RMA.

Because she has already paid a 2nd instalment when applying for her 489, she doesn't need to pay another one for the 887. That is clearly stated under Second instalment on the image in your post.

Archived