Citizenship

Cal2

Hi,

hope I'm posting in the right forum. Next year, my OH and I will be able to apply for citizenship, how time has flown, for those of you just starting out, stick with it, you can get there.

My query is regarding our children, who were all included on our 457 and PR visas, and all were granted PR in 2013 with us - the primary applicant was my OH, who was originally sponsored.

Now the 2 youngest will be 10 and 12, when my OH applies for citizenship in January 2016, so if he gets citizenship, will they? Both myself and the girls arrived 3 months after my OH, so will I have to apply for my 'own' citizenship in April 2016?

Our eldest son who was at university in the UK, was granted PR as he was classified as being dependent. He has travelled back and forth during his holidays, but has been here permanently since August 2014, does he now have to wait to apply for citizenship in his own right, would that be in August 2018, depending on any time spent out of the country?

thanks

Caroline

Why would you not just all apply at the same time in April, is there an urgency for your other half to do it in January 2016? Your children don't automatically get it they have to go on your application form, however they don't have to sit the citizenship test or be interviewed. However, your older son will have to apply separately as I am guessing he is nolonger considered a child if he is at uni. He will have to sit the test, interview and meet the residency requirements. Good luck with it. Took me 13 years to get around to applying have my ceremony on Monday. Was very impressed as it only too, 7 weeks from posting my application to my ceremony date.

Archived