Eoi submitted whats next

steven106

Hey guys just submitted the eoi for a 189 visa (solid plasterer) just wondering what the next step is now I know its a waiting game for a invitation to apply, but does this get sent to my e-mail plus instructions on whats next or do I keep checking my eoi account online?

cheers steve

Hi Steve

The invitation rounds occur monthly (first Monday of the Month) - so the next invitation round should be 7th September. In practice, the invitations are computer generated and issued at midnight on the monday morning Australia Eastern time, so around 3pm on Sunday 6th September afternoon. You will get an email, which can take around 15 minutes to be issued, or you can log onto your skill select web site and look for an invite.

Last one was August 3rd. There is no backlog at all for plasterers, so I would imagine you will get an invite on the next round. Your invitation email will have a link to visa application site.

There you complete the application (which confirms the information you submitted in your EOI) and pay the VISA fee. Once you pay the fee, you can then upload all supporting information (PCC, medicals, qualifications, etc). Its fairly straight forward.

What I would advise is you spend the next month getting all your supporting documents ready so you can load up straight away...!!!

Good luck...

Also, you can request to do your medicals in advance of an invitation (this is what I did), so you can essentially front load these results as well....

It just hopefully prevents any delay in grant, albeit there is no guarantee this will speed up your visa grant....

Also, you can request to do your medicals in advance of an invitation (this is what I did), so you can essentially front load these results as well....

These is fair enough if you're just itching to leave ASAP, but when I apply the medical/police checks will be the absolute last things I do. I want to give myself the maximum amount of time with which I can arrive in Australia. Not that I would want to delay, but who knows what might come up, so flexibility would be a bonus for me.

ok perfect thanks for the input guys, this is for my brother in-law I am already over on the gold coast just giving him a helping hand sorting visa stuff, I know he already has his police clearances done, and all documents are at the ready, cool I will wait and see if hes on the sept selection..

ok perfect thanks for the input guys, this is for my brother in-law I am already over on the gold coast just giving him a helping hand sorting visa stuff, I know he already has his police clearances done, and all documents are at the ready, cool I will wait and see if hes on the sept selection..

Isn't he cutting it a bit fine with the police check if it was done in February? If you get and invite in September and then It's 9 weeks till you get a CO and then you have 3 months to get a grant and get to Australia or the police check will have run out.

thats also if September gets an invite, I'm a spark and have missed one round although I was much later in the month.

These is fair enough if you're just itching to leave ASAP, but when I apply the medical/police checks will be the absolute last things I do. I want to give myself the maximum amount of time with which I can arrive in Australia. Not that I would want to delay, but who knows what might come up, so flexibility would be a bonus for me.

Same here, we are going to leave it as late as possible, as we have a house and a business to sell. When we go, we want to go on a 1 way ticket. Really don't want the expense of going just to get visa stamped then coming back. (That is a waste of a good few grand in my book) But if we don't sell up within the year, we will have no choice. :mad:

• 5 weeks later...

It just hopefully prevents any delay in grant, albeit there is no guarantee this will speed up your visa grant....

Hi have you got your visa?

Archived